California Department of Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at California Department of Insurance

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Insurance (Sacramento, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied the position online and get a call back the next day to come to their office the next week. The interviewers were very nice and very friendly. The whole interview only took about 20 minutes, just to get to know my background, my experiences and my skills.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Department of Insurance (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by three senior actuaries. The questions were mostly behavioral instead of technical ones. The interviewers were all very friendly. I recommend the interviewees to search online for some information about CDI because they might ask you how much you know about them.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Insurance.

Interview

submitted transcript and resume by mailing it to Sacramento.
    get an on-site interview by email and get the result by phone two weeks later
    interview by 3 senior and 1 assistant at the same time, like a panel
    went over the resume, so be familiar with your resume
    mainly conversational
    people are really nice and friendly

Insurance Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at California Department of Insurance (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Well organized interview. Frist is a forty five minutes paper test that covers all the knowledge about accounting, auditing. There are questions about logical, critical thinking. Interview questions are not hard, almost all behavior questions.
    This is the entry and development class for the Insurance Examiner series. Incumbents are assigned duties and responsibilities commensurate with their respective background and training. Positions are permanently allocated to this classification when a major portion of the duties performed does not include the more responsible, varied and difficult assignments found in the Insurance Examiner series.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Department of Insurance (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

1. Academic Performance: major fit, GPA, Writing cources
    2. Extracurricular Activities and leader ship experiences
    3. Commitment to Actuarial Career: Why do you want to become an actuary?
    4. Actuarial Exam plans and future career development
    5. Personality and Characters: attention to detail, easy going person
    6. Some behaviol questions such as how do you solve conflicts in a team?
    All the interviewer are senior actuaries in the actuarial office, they are smart, attentive and also easy going. Many of them were previously professors.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Insurance (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

You create a profile on usajobs.gov and upload your resume. Then you apply for jobs based on a filtered job search. If you skills match their minimum criteria, they will send you a letter to schedule an interview. Process that took several weeks to arrange an interview appointment. After the interview, the department sends you a response letter in the mail.

Interview Questions

• Panel interview with questions that put in a scenario applying the law to the facts.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Department of Insurance in June 2011.

Interview

Very welcoming and pretty straightforward behavioral questions but with 5 people. It went on for about an hour and it went well.