California Department of Justice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

California Department of Justice Interview Questions

Interviews at California Department of Justice

2.6

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Justice in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was with a panel of three attorney interviewers. They had a set list of questions and did not deviate from them. It was apparent from the questions and process that the department had put a lot of effort into avoiding unintended bias.

Legal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Justice.

Interview

Video Conference Interview with 3 hiring attorneys. Asked a variety of questions about my background, interests, legal experiences and what I hope to get from the summer position with the DOJ. Friendly and low pressure. Standard interview questions

Interview Questions

• How to deal with a challenge?   1 Answer

Legal Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at California Department of Justice in July 2014.

Interview

I applied through a school contact. The interview was a panel consisting of a SDAG (Senior District Attorney), the Sr. Legal Analyst, and another Legal Analyst. They started with the question tell me a little about yourself and then asked about my education and courses. They let me know fairly quickly whether or not I got the position. My advice in interviewing is emphasize your writing abilities, bring a writing sample. This is an unpaid position but can be used to gain a lot of experience. Many legal interns stay for 6 months or more. There is plenty to learn and those that work there are very friendly.

Interview Questions

• How does your Education relate to our Section?   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Justice (San Diego, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process was what you would expect. I actually applied for the County of San Diego and I went on a couple of interviews before given the interview for the California Department of Justice. I believe it was a year before this last interview. The interviewers asked basic questions and it was not a very long process. Once I was hired, the background check took a couple of months, but the interview process was acceptable.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will be able to balance school and work?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Justice (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Relaxing and surprisingly casual. I was expecting a much more intense interview process but it was much more laid back. It really was more of a causal conversation. After the interview, I felt genuinely more excited to work for them.

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Department of Justice (Oakland, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Usually they email you first asking if you would like to be interviewed for the position. You are Interviewed by usually 2 people in a conference style room. There are Set questions from a list that they have. Each interviewer takes turns asking and writing down your responses to their questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with E Filing and my knowledge of State and Federal Courts.   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at California Department of Justice (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Misleading- the position did not relate to the actual inteview. I was told there were many opportunities, lots of training, one on o e support from staff. However, when i started i was placed in one of the busier areas in the department, given a filing and organizing assignment, and placed in front of a computer to work on my own and ask questions along the way. Tbis was fine, however i was reminded constantly that i was on probation and dinged for every mistake. It was difficult trying to be "perfect" in an "imperfect" environment.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker. What was the situation,How did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

Everyone will be asked the same questions. Think "key words" when you respond, and aim for an answer that covers all possible angles with as many key words as possible. Typically there will be an interview panel of three or four persons, and the experience is generally pleasantly neutral. You have been invited to interview because you have been identified as a worthy candidate. Therefore, you deserve to feel good about the interview. Give yourself a green light to bring your A-Game and your personal best to the experience; and good luck. Although it isn't always, it can be a nice place to work.

Volunteer Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Justice (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume, references, and writing sample through my reference. They contacted me via email to set up a telephone interview, which was set up a few days later. The interview was with two attorneys, both of whom were my supervisors. The interview lasted approximately 15-30 min.

Interview Questions

• Interest in specific area of law; experience in past jobs   Answer Question

PERSONNEL TECHNICIAN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Justice (Sacramento, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

3 interviewers on the panel and able to review your interview questions along with the interviewers. So that made it a little easier to go along with the panel.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would be a better candidate than someone with more experience   1 Answer