KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

California Department of Motor Vehicles Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 80 of over 80 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at California Department of Motor Vehicles

California Department of Motor Vehicles

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Motor Vehicles

Interview

The building was under construction and I couldn’t find the office. The person providing directions was located in another city. It was strange. I finally found it, very late. No one in the area could tell me the location. I only saw construction workers.

Interview Questions
  • Typical behavioral interview questions. Not difficult.
    Answer Question

California Department of Motor Vehicles

Application

I interviewed at California Department of Motor Vehicles

Interview

I Applied in October then I heard back from the DMV in march. My interview was in April and then soon after they checked out my references I got an offer the end of April to start in may.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time when you had to explain something to a customer. If you were in x (difficult angry customer) situation what would you do to make it better. Explain a time when you had to learn a machine or adapt to a new environment. Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation that has to do with ethics and morals what did you do in the situation?

California Department of Motor Vehicles

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at California Department of Motor Vehicles in Jul 2022

Interview

Process was good and quick. Two managers who write down your answers. You are given a booklet with the 6 questions they ask you and you follow along when they read it and answer. Ask any questions you might have at the end. They said the process takes about 1-2 months to get back to you because it goes all the way to headquarters. So it’s a process ….

Interview Questions
  • How to handle an irate customer and solution? How to handle a customer you couldn’t provide a solution to ? If you are told to work extend hours how would you reply and how would you work with your coworkers ? I don’t rem the other 3 questions… Good luck!

California Department of Motor Vehicles

Application

I interviewed at California Department of Motor Vehicles

Interview

Two interviewers, one room, asking questions after one another. Very casual, direct and unpretentious. Asked about job history, experience, and reason for leaving . Most odd question, most difficult period in your life

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

California Department of Motor Vehicles

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at California Department of Motor Vehicles in Jun 2022

Interview

I had a phone interview they asked about 5 questions. they did not ask me if I had any questions. but will notify me by email if they will proceed with my application

Interview Questions
  • mostly psychological questions were asked Tell us about a time when.... etc.

California Department of Motor Vehicles

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Motor Vehicles

Interview

Interview depends on whether you have training or not. I had it done on phone which alters everything. The managers are quiet while they write your questions, making it an awkward silence.

Interview Questions
  • They ask about what you would do if a customer appears drunk, what would you do if involved in an accident, what you would do if a minor fails and parents are angry, what would you do if customer is irate because they failed, what would you do if customer says you failed them wrongly, what would you do if customer vehicle runs out of gas during test.

Application

Interview

A panel of 2 or 3 persons consisting of the managers. One is the office manager and the other two will be the managers who you will be working under. They read about 5-6 scenario questions and write down your answers.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Motor Vehicles (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

The interview itself is pretty straight forward. Questions they ask are read off a paper, along with the instructions. The interview can be a bit intimidating because there’s two people in the interview process and obviously they watch your every move. Other than that, it’s an okay experience. It is not the worst.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time in which you have gone above and beyond for a customer?

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I interviewed at California Department of Motor Vehicles (Riverside, CA)

Interview

Primarily phone interviews. Reference checks. They have more three different interview stages and it all checked by the stages of DMV. While interviewing they will call all of your references and they will also call you multiple times and test knowledge of common sense things within life and customer service.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Motor Vehicles (San Diego, CA) in May 2021

Interview

First I took an online assessment which I passed with a 95%. Then I submitted the job application. It took about 3 weeks to get a call back from DMV for an phone interview. I was asked 5 questions , but the application I was told I would get notified in about 3-4 weeks. I never got a call back, so I followed up with them, but I was told they would call me back to let me know about the status of my application. I did not receive any call back or an email, and I think that is very unprofessional, specially coming from DMV and my online job applications still shows active status.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about an experience about a time you had to handle an irate customer.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 80 Interviews

California Department of Motor Vehicles Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at California Department of Motor Vehicles as 52.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.75 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for MVR and Motor Vehicle Representative rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Service Representative and Motor Vehicle Field Representative roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at California Department of Motor Vehicles takes an average of 94 days when considering 95 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for MVR had the quickest hiring process (on average 33 days), whereas Motor Vehicle Field Representative roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 106 days).

Common stages of the interview process at California Department of Motor Vehicles according to 95 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 31.72%