California Department of Public Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

California Department of Public Health Interview Questions

2.5

SSM I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Public Health (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Superficially appears to be fair and balanced, but there is a wink and a nod as to the favored candidate. The favored candidate is a crony of one of the managers. You have to have the right culture, church or outside activity. [I was on the interview teams]

Associate Governmental Program Analyst (AGPA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Public Health (North Sacramento, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

In order to get into the building you have to be let in by the person who contacted you for the interview - that lady happened to have called out that day and I had to walk around the entire building 2 times before asking a random dude how to get in. He let me in and went and got someone who was supposed to interview me. I was interviewed by a woman who was a supervisor and two other women and then brought to a cube where I was supposed to complete a performance test. The women who interviewed me talked about how the interview went right in front of me and then as I was supposed to be doing the test, other people in the office were talking about an office party coming up and other stuff, complete with f-bombs and loud enough for all in the very large room to hear - loud enough to make any work difficult, and loud enough to be so ridiculously unprofessional it seemed unreal. Nobody seemed to care. I wanted to run out of the office screaming...as if the events prior to my interview weren't enough to tell me to run away and not look back...

Interview Questions

• When you have multiple projects assigned at one time, how do you decide what to do first?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Public Health.

Interview

The hiring process was relatively streamlined and straightforward. The interview consisted of a panel with key members of the team from different departments with pre-scripted questions that asked broadly about familiarity with different technical processes and the typical behavioral questions. Only thing that stood out about the hiring process was the number of references requested (6).

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you think you're a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

Health Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Public Health (Richmond, CA).

Interview

The interview consisted of a three person panel, with each person taking turns asking a question from a list. The questions were general behavior and experience-based questions. Examples include what would you do if a team member wasn't pulling his/her weight, what appeals to you about the job, and experience with Microsoft programs.

Interview Questions

• What appeals to you about the job?
      What skills and expertise would you bring to this position?
      Answer Question

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Public Health (Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Written Test before the oral interview. Oral question sheet was provided in the beginning and given some time to think about those. There were two managers (one SSM-1 and one SSM-2) and one analyst present in the interview. 10 questions that they took turns in asking.

Epidemiology Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at California Department of Public Health (Sacramento, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

In the conference room, there are 5 people interviewed me. 3 were from CaREDIE, and 2 were from CDPH. They have a total of 15 questions to ask me, and they wrote down my answers right next to each question. Most of the time, they listened to me and took notes. The whole interview process took us about 45 minutes. All the questions are general questions. They wan to know how your skills are related to their position; why do you think you are the best candidate; how do you manage a project, if you have limited resources to complete a project with a hard deadline;. if you have resources with a soft deadline, how do you accomplish your project; if your supervisor is unavailable and you encountered some uncertainties with the project, what would you do; explain your experience in data management and data mining; explain your experience in geographic information; besides STATA, what kind of analytic software you use.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in the following disease surveillance database (the name of the databases).   1 Answer

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Department of Public Health.

Interview

Very casual interview process in which they will ask you a few questions to get to know you, and then they will inform you about what to expect as a volunteer.

Interview Questions

Application

I interviewed at California Department of Public Health in June 2014.

Interview

Given 5 Interview Questions and time to write answers down. Then asked answers during interview. Was also given time to asked questions about the position and organization. Additionally, there was a computer test to make sure I knew how to use excel.

Research Scientist Supervisor II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at California Department of Public Health (Richmond, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

superficial and off point , there was hardly an interview for this. I was way overqualified for the job and they wanted someone "quickly" I can keep writing here, but it really doesn't matter.

Interview Questions

• hardly anything of substance, I was way over qualified for this job and they were more than happy to have me apply.   Answer Question

Office Technician Interview

Interview

There was a panel interview with two interviewers. They asked the typical interview questions and there was a written tes/quiz at the end with questions related to the job. Overall not a bad experience.