California Franchise Tax Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at California Franchise Tax Board

2.8

Associate Tax Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Franchise Tax Board (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

At the end, they tell u they're on a hiring freeze, then why the eff do u tell us to come in?!?!?!

Associate Tax Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Franchise Tax Board (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

The job interview included 2 interviewers. The interview itself was pretty dry and straight forward, no nonsensical or strange interview questions. The questions were behavioral questions that mostly asked for you to describe situations and give your solutions, etc. The interview went quickly, about 15-20 minutes with most of the time spent on the interviewers writing down your answers on a form to be sent to the higher ups.

Interview Questions

• None that I remember. Most of the questions were behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Franchise Tax Board (Sacramento, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Confidential. We are never supposed to talk about interview questions or process with anyone-even FTB employees. However, it was not practical or designed to test writing or oral argument skills.

Systems Software Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at California Franchise Tax Board (Sacramento, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very professional, technical and done at comfortable pace. First interview was with the hiring team and second interview with senior management. I had few State interviews but was positively impressed with FTB. Great people !!!!

Interview Questions

• Mostly expect technical questions for the intended job function. They are experts in the field and some worked there for more than 15 years. The second interview is more behavioral so do your homework and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Was offered different job at higher level.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at California Franchise Tax Board (West Covina, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

30 minutes to prepare. They give you the six questions they will ask you. You also have to complete a writing sample. Use your time wisely. Interviewers are managers you will work for.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have researching tax questions? What sources did you use?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at California Franchise Tax Board in January 2014.

Interview

Usually give the interviewee 15 minutes to look at the questions before the interview. Most of the questions are behavioral such as why do you want to work here, where do you see yourself in five years, weakness.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to gather information and make a decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Field Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at California Franchise Tax Board (West Covina, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

During the interview, I was given a binder. The binder had 5 questions. The Interviewer read the questions and I would follow by answering the question. Be prepare to do the most of the talking. The interviewer kept writing and looking down on their paper. Later, We were given 30 minutes to write an essay so they can assess you level of writing.

Interview Questions

• Was not too difficult. Most questions were behavioral and 1 was techinal.   Answer Question

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Franchise Tax Board (Sacramento, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with three administrators. They will ask about six technical questions relating to the job duty statement. You will need to provide a thorough response to each question. This would include a detailed answer with an example. You need to provide a explanation as if the person does not know about the job, so if you were trying to explain it to your mom. Assume they know nothing about the job or what you are saying.

Interview Questions

• Details specific to the job duty statement. Handling a difficult taxpayer, or dealing with work with competing deadlines. Complex tax issues where your manager disagrees.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at California Franchise Tax Board.

Interview

1. Computer questionnaires ranking your skills (proficient with excel, etc)
    2. 2 person panel with supervisors - seven behavioral questions and writing sample
    3. 2 person panel with upper management to get a feel for your personality

Compliance Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Franchise Tax Board (Sacramento, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I was put in a room and given a list of about 8 questions to review. I had a short time to write my answers. The paper was taken from me and I was escorted to a room with a panel of 5 people. The process was explained to me by the lead and they each asked me the very same questions. I was given my list back and was able to refer to it as I answered my questions. They each wrote as I was answering each question.

Interview Questions

• How I dealt with a disgruntle person.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They salary was not negotiated. I accepted their offer.