California Franchise Tax Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.8

Tax Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at California Franchise Tax Board (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Asked to answer a few questions related to legal experience. Given question beforehand and allowed to prepare. Only asked said questions and no more. Very nice interviewers and overall low pressure experience.

Tax Technician I Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at California Franchise Tax Board.

Interview

I printed out the application on the states website and sent it in. 1 month later I got a call for an interview the following week. When I got to the location I was sitting in the room where taxpayers are helped out. After a few minutes of waiting I was sent to a room to answer 6 questions in 20 minutes. These were the questions the interviewers would ask. After I was finished I was called in with a panel of 3 interviewers. They each asked a question and jotted down my answers.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a co worker who is not putting in the same effort as you?

Describe a time when you dealt with an irate customer.
      1 Answer

Tax Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at California Franchise Tax Board (Newark, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college recruiting website and this position was available for an On Campus Interview. I was selected based on the criteria that they were seeking such as an Accounting Major. They will also provide you with fill out a form/questionaire about your employment background and series of questions about your references prior to the interview. You would also have to take a state test through their CA.gov website to see if you are deemed qualified and must score above an 85% to qualify to sit for an interview as well. Came in for the interview and they asked me a series of questions and asked for my forms that were asked to be filled out. During the interview it was all behavioral questions and they asked about 6 to 7 questions which makes the interview very short. The sad part is that they will NOT get back to you if did not making it in for a second round. They will call you if they are interested and their rational is that they are interviewing over 100 candidates and they are only seeking to place 6. It will be impossible for them to get back to all 94 candidates. They also mentioned that they would have to compare scores as well to see whom they are going to call in from the state examination from online. Be sure to score either 90% or 95% because they would most likely consider those scores versus an 85% which was in my case.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time where you would have to overcome an obstacle?   Answer Question

Program Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at California Franchise Tax Board.

Interview

1. Computer questionnaires ranking your skills (proficient with excel, etc)
    2. 2 person panel with supervisors - seven behavioral questions and writing sample
    3. 2 person panel with upper management to get a feel for your personality

Staff Information Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at California Franchise Tax Board (Rancho Cordova, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Once you arrive you have 20 minutes to review the panel questions. Next you change rooms and are asked those questions, one at a time from each of the three interviewers while they write down there thoughts on a form.

Tax Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Franchise Tax Board (Sacramento, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Use a set of 6 questions. Have 15 minutes to prepare. Then a panel of two take notes while answering the questions. It seems they are looking for an long answers. Your time for answering the 6 questions was 30 minutes.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

Interview

Confidential. We are never supposed to talk about interview questions or process with anyone-even FTB employees. However, it was not practical or designed to test writing or oral argument skills.

Field Tax Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at California Franchise Tax Board (Campus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted online Application at Campus. received a Phone call and email to schedule an interview several weeks Later. Interview was with two managers who ask 3 to 5 questions regarding several work related scenarios to determine you logical thinking process. After that a written exam based on our priblem solving skills, and analytical thinking process.

Sorts/Machines Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California Franchise Tax Board (Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was really relaxed because at the very start they made me laugh I member they asked me how do I feel today I said that I was not tall enough to complain everyone laughed and I enjoyed it all, it made me feel confident when they started asking me questions I applied through a program through the county I am so happy I did

Interview Questions

• do you have a problem with standing for a period of time   1 Answer

Negotiation

More like this is what the job will offer you as a added skill to your resume. That sound very good to me because I looked at the fact that I have a chance and I am going to go for it.

Tax Program Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at California Franchise Tax Board (Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a panel of three people, gave the questions before hand to prepare. Each person asked a question until all the questions were asked. Pretty easy and relaxing.