California ISO Interview Questions in Folsom, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Transmission Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California ISO (Folsom, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online via the company website. I was contacted by CAISO's HR department within 10 days to schedule an onsite interview - no preliminary phone interview. I ended up scheduling the interview via CAISO's 3rd party relocation company.

I arrived for the interview 30 mins early due to not knowing the traffic situation and the timing of my flight. The campus is quite nice and it appeared there were a number of non-business related events going on as part of an employee wellness program. Everyone looked like they were happy to be at work.

I met the HR liaison after a 20 minute wait and was led into a small side conference room to interview with the Operations Director, two Ops Shift Managers & the HR liaison. They asked the same questions that others have posted on Glassdoor. Afterward they said it would be a few weeks before they made their decision.

I flew home and waited.

A couple weeks later I reached out to speak to the HR liaison to let them know I was still interested in the position. They said they would have a decision in a week and would let me know. A couple weeks after that I reached out to them again and found out the person handling my candidate profile was on vacation. I reached out to the HR department in general to find out the status of my candidacy and they said they'd get back to me. The next day I received a form letter stating I wasn't picked for the position. This was 9 weeks after I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a command decision and what came of it?   Answer Question
    • What methods can be used to control voltage?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California ISO (Folsom, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

it was a 3 panel interview with 2 Information technology (IT) staff and 1 Human Resources (HR) staff. Interview was focused on people management (behavioral ) questions. The interview lasted about one hour.

Interview Questions

• 1. As a manager, how would you handle an impasse situation between you and your subordinate?
      2. Describe a situation where there was a conflict and how did you manage it
      3. As a manager, how would you guide your subordinates through changes in the organization
      4. Managing through excitement and camaraderie
      5. Describe a situation where you had an idea that was not widely popular and how did you go about convincing others
      6. Why do you want to be a people manager
      7. What does servant leadership mean to you
      8. Describe a crisis situation and how did you handle it
      9. What is the largest budget that you have managed?
      10. What do you consider your strengths and weaknesses with regards to this position
      11. Give an example of a situation where you had to discipline someone about their performance and you knew they would not be receptive to it   Answer Question

Corporate Rotation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California ISO (Folsom, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process is rather straightforward. If your application or resume interests them, the HR department will contact you for a Skype interview for the first round to get to know you more as an applicant. No technical questions in the first round.

Interview Questions

• How would you translate your experiences indicated on your resume to the workplace at the ISO?   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at California ISO (Folsom, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. I received a phone call to schedule a preliminary HR folks. That was a basic interview with two persons from HR. Then the next phase was a panel interview in which consisted of manager and fellow employees within the department. They asked fairly basic interpersonal and scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe and instance you had when you've had a disagreement with a colleague, and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at California ISO (Folsom, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Easy interview, asked about coursework and previous experience, experience with power system software a plus, data handling software will be handy, encouraging during the interview

Interview Questions

• Didnt like skype interview as there was glitch, what are the things u dont like about you and how do you plan to change it? Some technical questions regarding your projects   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation as it was my dream company. Competitive salaries and great job description

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at California ISO (Folsom, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I contacted the HR through a friend of mine. Within 2 weeks, I got an email requesting schedule of an interview. Lovely people. Had a Skype interview with 2 Hiring Managers (1 of them I eventually worked with). Great experience. Awesome company and culture. They basically asked questions on my resume.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at California ISO (Folsom, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

After a screening phone interview with HR, I had a Skype interview with one a manager. Both he and I agreed I was not a good fit for his department and we were both confused that the interview had even been set up. After our discussion he agreed to forward my resume to a more relevant department. It took about 2 weeks before HR finally tried to schedule another interview, by which time I had accepted an offer with a different company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you worked in a group with a problematic member and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at California ISO (Folsom, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Straight forward. Usually a phone interview followed up by panel then group interviews.

Negotiation

Short negotiations due to the lack of alternatives in the benefits package

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California ISO (Folsom, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

I was interviewed then hired.