California Pizza Kitchen Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

California Pizza Kitchen Hostess Interview Questions

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Applied online, she called and asked for my experience and then to come in for an interview, and after going out of my way for an interview, she barely had a 5 minute conversation with me, failed to get my name, and the only question she asked was "Whats your availability" and after telling her, she said I wasn't available enough in the mornings. I feel like she could have spared me the trip and time and told me that my availability wouldn't work OVER THE PHONE. Horrible experience, rude manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for California Pizza Kitchen

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Fast and easy.. Asked me basic questions about my life and how I would be a good addition to the company. It really felt like we were just having a conversation and she really liked my personality and spirit

Interview Questions

• Why CPK? Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen.

Interview

Friendly, easy, welcoming. The managers were nice to work with and understanding with a part-time schedule to attend school. Interview process was pretty standard for the food industry and did not take a long time.

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Brandon, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a great interview experience, I was completely comfortable through all the questions. The questions were based more towards your personality and how it fits with the company. The managers were very easy to talk to and it felt as though you were just having a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between customer service and hospitality?   Answer Question

California Pizza Kitchen Response

Oct 22, 2015 – Manager of People Selection

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you had a great interview experience with CPK. We love to put people first!

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen.

Interview

Very basic. Asked about experience and what my knowledge of food was. Interviewed with the manager. Was very friendly and the interview went well but I may have been under the age at the time I applied which is why I probably didn't get an offer. But the interview itself was very easy and painless.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen.

Interview

Walked in and turned in my application, the manager came out and told me to come back the next day for an interview. At the interview, he asked me questions about why I wanted to work there, what their values are as a company, and then the other store manager came in and asked me pretty similar questions. I was told to come in the next day for a second interview, this time with the hiring manager. She asked me very simple, standard questions, and then at the end told me that the job offer would depend on if one of her employees decided to take time off for school or not.

Interview Questions

• If I talked to your friends, what would they say is the one thing you need to improve on in yourself?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen in July 2013.

Interview

There were two interviews for the position, one with the front of house (FOH) manager and another with the General Manager of the store, there were a number of scheduling conflicts between them and I ended up having to return three days in a row in order to be properly interviewed. However this showed my dedication to getting the job and it worked in my favor. Having a positive attitude about anything that may happen during the process is a giant plus for you. Just be yourself, its likely that the more fluid your conversation is with the person doing the hiring, the more likely you are to be hired, at least at the location I worked with. Having strong communication skills is really helpful as well.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really have one, it was all relatively straight forward having worked in food service previously.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Relatively short, they have a set wage in which they can pay you, I did not get my desired wage but I ended up working in a fun environment so it was worth it to me to trade off.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen.

Interview

Ask to answer the phone and seat people

Interview Questions

Not enough hours, part time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (McLean, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

i was eating lunch one day and asked the server if CPK was hiring..he said yes . so i applied online for hostess..
    got an email a few days later from the manager, saying there was interview that week on Monday, tuesday and wednesday starting at 2:30 pm.

I went to the interview on wednesday- it was a group interview. they asked us all questions about customer service etc, and then they had us fill out this "quiz" thing, asking us what we would bring to the job, what person from the group interview you would hire, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time at a previous job where the customers thought that you had bad customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Cerritos, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Very easy interview process. Used an employee referred and met with hiring manager was asked very limited questions. I was then asked to meet with GM the following day and offered a position within a week.