California Pizza Kitchen Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

California Pizza Kitchen Server Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2017

2.3

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen.

Interview

Two interviews took place for the interview process
The first one was with the assistant manager, and the second one with the general manager at the time. The interviews were short and to the point.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for California Pizza Kitchen

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Orem, UT).

Interview

Super Easy. When I interviewed they were desperate for employees and they hired me on the spot even though I never had any previous serving experience. They mostly focused on how quickly I could start working for them and if I would be able to upsell my tables to buy more food.

Interview Questions

• Why do you need sales skills to be a successful server?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen.

Interview

Walked in, talked to GM, asked some general questions, GM talked a lot and I just listened attentively, talked about pay, hired on the spot, the days following I trained with another employee for about a week before I was on my own. It was very easy and laid back, just sat in a booth and talked about why I wanted to work there, why I liked CPK, favorite menu item, what would I offer as an upsell on the food item I chose as my favorite, talked about upselling and the importance of it

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Miami, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Walked in one day with no prior experience of serving (had only bussed/bar-backed & food ran before) filled out an application & talked to the manager. Manager told me to come back in 2 days as I did & got interviewed twice. Was told to come in for last interview the following day & was hired.

Interview Questions

• Favorite meal at a restaurant & to describe it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Waited about fifteen minutes and met the manager. After introductions we sat down and they asked me about my first job as a server. They asked my likes and dislikes and how I managed. Then they asked about my availability. They then asked how important is hospitality in a workplace and I gave an elaborate answer.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen.

Interview

Normally they do a group interview but I was lucky and had a 1:1. The interview was really chill. I came in and spoke with one of the managers there and she asked me questions. As long as you remain smiley, have a positive vibe and can reveal that you have a good work ethic, there is nothing to be worried about.

Interview Questions

• We are really believe in our values here at CPK. At your previous job, did you have a mission statement? Could you recite it for me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Wilmington, DE) in August 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call asking to come in for an interview. The first interview was about 15 minutes and went very well. I was asked to come back the following morning for a second interview. That interview lasted about 5-7 minutes. It was very short and to the point.

Interview Questions

• In a previous job, have you had to focus on more that 5 things at one time? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Irvine, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

It wasn't too hard at all and pretty straight forward. We did a two week course where they taught everyone about the different pizza's and foods. They even gave us a run down of each of the drinks and salads we offer. They went into great detail explaining each food and how they want us to help run the company!

Interview Questions

• Past experiences in food industry   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Honouliuli, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Honouliuli, HI) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied in person, first interview on spot when turned in application. Then had two more interviews. So total of 3. Last one is with General Manager whom then offered me the job on the spot. Took a week from the time I applied to when i was scheduled for my first training shift. Total process was fairly quick.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you went out of way to satisfy a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Marina del Rey, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was: 3 interviews in a row, 1 with each manager. They ask almost exclusively behavioral questions, and some questions were related to my previous work experience. They were mainly trying to see if I could work with the rest of the crew, and see if I fit their culture well. The overall process was great, I received an offer at the end of the third interview (with the GM).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a conflict between you and a co-worker.   Answer Question