California Pizza Kitchen Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.2

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Cherry Hill, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

it was great i went in asked for the general manager its was awesome i really liked the managers and the hiring process was really great poll says its awesome place to work

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for California Pizza Kitchen

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Super friendly managers! Made me feel welcome right off the bat. I loved the atmosphere that they created within the restaurant from the moment I stepped through the front door.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for cpk?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen.

Interview

Two interviews took place for the interview process
    The first one was with the assistant manager, and the second one with the general manager at the time. The interviews were short and to the point.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Costa Mesa, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Multiple one on one interviews with all managers. I was called back the same day with the job offer. Process was simple and easy as long as you have serving experience.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to be a team player?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Lone Tree, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview with the GN, second interview with the scheduling manager. I was hired on the spot at the second interview. Overall very low stress, laid back and easy process.

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Orem, UT).

Interview

Super Easy. When I interviewed they were desperate for employees and they hired me on the spot even though I never had any previous serving experience. They mostly focused on how quickly I could start working for them and if I would be able to upsell my tables to buy more food.

Interview Questions

• Why do you need sales skills to be a successful server?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Easy. Basic questions. The manager is super intimidating but don't let her scare you. You'll interview with all three managers, one at a time. Then you'll get a call back.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult customers?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen.

Interview

Walked in, talked to GM, asked some general questions, GM talked a lot and I just listened attentively, talked about pay, hired on the spot, the days following I trained with another employee for about a week before I was on my own. It was very easy and laid back, just sat in a booth and talked about why I wanted to work there, why I liked CPK, favorite menu item, what would I offer as an upsell on the food item I chose as my favorite, talked about upselling and the importance of it

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Miami, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Walked in one day with no prior experience of serving (had only bussed/bar-backed & food ran before) filled out an application & talked to the manager. Manager told me to come back in 2 days as I did & got interviewed twice. Was told to come in for last interview the following day & was hired.

Interview Questions

• Favorite meal at a restaurant & to describe it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Waited about fifteen minutes and met the manager. After introductions we sat down and they asked me about my first job as a server. They asked my likes and dislikes and how I managed. Then they asked about my availability. They then asked how important is hospitality in a workplace and I gave an elaborate answer.