California State Board of Equalization Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at California State Board of Equalization

Sort:

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California State Board of Equalization (Cerritos, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Two supervisors interviewed with prepared list of questions. It lasted 45 minutes and people are nice. I like the environment but I could get the job. I think there are many applicants for one position

Staff Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California State Board of Equalization (Sacramento, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

Initial communication was to send in a standard state application plus resume
    several weeks later I was called in for structured interview with 2 people (manager plus technical lead)
    There were no real detailed technical questions - I was asked about my background, asked to describe a problem I solved, did I work well in a team environment
    It was about a 35-40 minute interview
    It seemed like a people friendly place to work, they mentioned the impotance of work/life balance

Interview Questions

• Do you work well ina team environment? It was difficult because it wasn't open-ended and I didn't really know what they were after - a simple "no" or specific examples of my anti-social behavior :)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at California State Board of Equalization (Riverside, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for an auditing internship. Panel interview with 3 senior tax auditors. Presented a sheet of paper with all of the questions they would ask during the interview. Took turns asking the questions and gave time at the end to add anything that was not asked during the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at California State Board of Equalization.

Interview

One phone interview and I was offered the position. The questions were pretty simple. Since this was an unpaid internship, it was meant to give students the opportunity while also helping with workload.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at California State Board of Equalization (Irvine, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

When you're first admitted into the office, they will put you in a room and give you an hour to write an essay. The essay topic was a situational topic and how you would handle or deal with the situation. When you're finished with the essay, you will then be admitted into a conference room and meet a panel of 4 and they will introduce themselves. Throughout the whole interview, the panel of 4 will each ask a typical interview questions. After that they will ask if you have any questions and that's it.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at California State Board of Equalization (Oakland, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview consisted of a group asking me a couple of behavioral questions, and asking what I knew about the Board of Equalization. After the interview, I had a chance to ask questions to the interviewers. The process took about 40 minutes. After two to three weeks, one of the interviewers called me to let me know they like me, but need to wait for human resources to hire me. One month later, I was officially hired.

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California State Board of Equalization.

Interview

They first asked for a resume, cover letter, and multiple forms, along with an official transcript. It took a couple months for them to get back to me. They asked to schedule an interview the next day. The interview was a group interview with just a few questions and opportunity for you to ask questions. Overall, it was an average experience. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have to juggle multiple things and how did you prioritize your tasks?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the organization and its goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California State Board of Equalization (Orange, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

application and phone interview. Had short written exam. It was about writing essay on why you qualify for the job. And the interview was with three people and mainly behavioral questions.

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California State Board of Equalization in December 2015.

Interview

The panel asked a lot of situational questions and pressed for more information regarding your answers. It almost felt as if they were trying to make you say something wrong, which was really nerve wracking. Talked to previous student assistants and they all agreed that it felt like we were being interrogated.

Interview Questions

• As a leader, what was one mistake you made and could not fix?   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I interviewed at California State Board of Equalization in July 2014.

Interview

30 minutes writing and 30 minutes interview right after. The writing part ask you about how will you deliver bad news to clients. After 30 minutes, one of the interviewer took me to the interview room. Then I interviewed with four manager level professionals at the same time. Each of them asked about two questions. General behavior questions.