California State University Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

3.2

Part-Time Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at California State University (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very thorough 1:1 interview process. I was interviewed by the Director of the department who provided an overview of the roles and responsibilities. Was given information about the class I would be teaching and asked how I would structure it. I was also given an opportunity to share about my background in teaching and explain how it was relevant to the position I am applying for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience teaching at the college level.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California State University (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

This interview was for a student position. Not the hardest interview I have ever had but it was about 30-40 minutes for a part-time job! So in that case it was pretty extreme. They asked like 15 questions. They were thoughtful questions though, meant to prepare students for interviews later in life. It definitely helped me later on, so I guess it worked.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working on a diverse team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California State University (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

The department head conducts the interview. High importance is placed on your prior education vis-a-vis the requirements of the assistantship. High grades are definitely a plus. I was also asked for details on my undergraduate degree and the content of my major subjects. A few warm up questions on family and my decision to study in the United States.

Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at California State University (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

3 rounds, 1st being telephone, then on campus 2 day interview process including research presentation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none.