California's Great America Ride Operator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

1.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California's Great America.

Interview

The lady who interviewed me was tired from interviewing so many teens, but she was very kind during the whole process. The questions she asked were pretty easy. If you do a bit of preparation before you go, it's a breeze.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for California's Great America

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California's Great America.

Interview

A four to five hour line of chaos that you see people cutting into all the time. Also some people get to just skip the line do to who they know. To a 2 min interview that is a joke.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at California's Great America (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty chill. I applied online first, then got called within a week for an interview. I couldn't think of an answer to one of the questions, but I got the job anyway. Most of the questions involve good & bad customer service, safety, etc. They do do a background check and drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California's Great America (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Be yourself when you're being interviewed. Be as open and smile a lot. Talk to them as if they are your parents friends or your friends, as if you two are catching up with each other the people and co-workers are there to help you and are very friendly. I got interviewed about three times in one day.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult or unexpected questions would be to study a worksheet that they give you on the spot of your interview. You would have to read and go over EVERY SINGLE portion that you may come across because you will be tested on your last interview. Also, you will be tested once you start your job to get certified in your spot(s).   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered to be in the water during closing time, cleaning our ride. I accepted the job. All we had to do was to make sure we counted how many boats should and should not be put but where they are supposed to. Also, we count how much are able to be in the ride for the customers to get on. Usually we let in about 9-10 boats.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California's Great America (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

It was great, turned in my app, went back for an interview and was hired on the spot.