Calix Interview Questions in Petaluma, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Calix (Petaluma, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 4 people total. Each person explained the position and had specific questions related to past job experience, how challenging situations were handled/resolved, knowledge of supply chain process, managing suppliers etc.

Salesforce Software Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Calix (Petaluma, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process moved at a nice pace. My first few interviews were over the phone, and they felt more like conversations than interviews. I was able to get a good feel for the organization, their goals, and what the expectations of the role were. They were able to get a good feel for me as a person, as well as my experiences. After three phone interviews I was flown out to Petaluma, CA for an onsite interview, which lasted roughly four hours. I met with all of the individuals I'd already spoken with over the phone, and a few additional people, including Talent & Culture. Again, the interviews felt more like conversations, and I left feeling like Calix was the place for me.

Interview Questions

• Have you been in a situation where you felt strongly about something, but the decision was made to go in a different direction?   Answer Question

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Calix (Petaluma, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth, well coordinated. Agenda was sent to me way in advance so that I could prepare better for the roles I am meeting/presenting to. I was welcomed the moment I walked in. People were very professional yet very friendly throughout my interview process. Very rare interviews I have been to, where people were so welcoming.

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Calix (Petaluma, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

First contact after initial online application was a phone screen. It was like going through customs instead of having a friendly conversation with a prospective team member.

Everything was asked and said in a sarcastic tone of voice. The entire phone screen lasted around 10 minutes and it was a very unpleasant 10 minutes. I was also unprepared for this interrogation-style phone screen because other places I've applied to always scheduled the phone screen in advance via email.

Interview Questions

• - why do you want to work here? (first words out of this interviewer's mouth, asked in a condescending tone of voice)
      - what salary are you looking at?
      - why did you leave your last job?

etc.   Answer Question

Director Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Calix (Petaluma, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

setup to meet face to face interviewers; a list of the interviewers was sent ahead of time;
    interview with each interviewers was 45 minutes long; good cross section of interviewers;
    interviewed by CEO and future peers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Calix (Petaluma, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Telephone Screening + Face to Face.
    Met with direct manager, his boss, another manager and 3 potential co workers.
    Each person had about 30 minutes. Part of the time was spent on a lab tour.

Interview Questions

• Overview of design experience
      Review of products
      Test on code knowledge   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Calix (Petaluma, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The HR worker called and we went through the initial phone interview for about 15 minutes. After which, we scheduled a meeting to meet the next week for internal interviews on site. I called to confirm two days prior and got put threw a phone maze. Finally, I got a hold of the interviewer twice, to which she hung up and beat around the bush.

Interview Questions

• If you were to join tomorrow, what project would you want to jump in on currently?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Calix (Petaluma, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Once my resume was selected, I got 2 phone interviews from the Hiring Manager, and his technical manager to confirm the technical background.
    When the result of these 2 interviews was positive, a 1:1 interview was scheduled with a group of 8 people on premises.

Interview Questions

• What would be the perfect access system for you?   1 Answer

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Calix (Petaluma, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Pretty straighforward. a Phone interview followed by quick on-site interview. Very fundamental questions. All interviewers are good.