Callaway Golf Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (Escondido, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview consisting of typical questions that were not interesting and would be hard to gauge skill set or quality of design candidate. Questions were generic and seemed unprepared.

Interview Questions

• Between website and graphic design what percentage do you work in graphic design?   1 Answer

Commercial Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Callaway Golf in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online on Callaway's career website, and they reached out to me the following day. However, I only received a phone screening. They asked pretty basic questions, and it was about a 10 minute conversation. My interviewer was very friendly. They contacted me again seven days later saying that they would not be continuing the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Associate Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Callaway Golf in August 2017.

Interview

The screening consisted of motivation and background questions, which would have been followed up by an interview with a phone interview with the engineering manager and then in person interviews at the facility in Carlsbad, CA.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Callaway Golf as an Associate Product Designer?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with the internal recruiter. Then a follow up phone screen with the two members of the Human Resources team that would be working most closely with the candidate.

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Callaway Golf.

Interview

Applied online, about a week later got a call from HR for a phone screening. Simply talked through my resume. A week later had a phone interview with the hiring manager, which only lasted about 15 minutes. They invited me for an in person interview in two weeks. In person interview was a little under 5 hours and interviewed with a different team member every 30 minutes to an hour.

It seemed like a great place to work, but I could tell that I was not a great fit for the position. I had a pretty technical background and they wanted a dedicated CAD modeler. They were nice enough to call me and let me know I did not get the position, but that was over 3 weeks after the interview process. I am assuming they were waiting for other candidates to accept/decline their offer first.

Interview Questions

• Mostly personality and talking about my background. I was given a golf club head and asked how I would model it.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Great response from HR. Stuck with me til I had a job with them.

Sales Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (Carlsbad, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

initial phone interview on the spot. No appointment or advance notice. No contact in advance at all. Called during the workday. Put on the spot, demanding current salary and would not give their salary range. Left very unsettled not knowing if my range was reasonable. Due to economy and business hiring more educated people for a lot less, its difficult to know what is reasonable expected pay today.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary   1 Answer

Principal Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Callaway Golf in July 2014.

Interview

First phone interview I was asked, "What would you like to do in 2-5 years." I replied that I would like to learn Callaway technology then possibly go into Management at the company. I have 8 years Management Experience. The Callaway Recruiter, said that was impossible. The job I am applying for is not management and can't turn into management. I asked if there is no room for advancement in the company and he said that there wasn't. I got a call back a few days later saying I would not be considered.

Was also told by the recruiter, that it had been to long since I was in school.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Callaway Golf in February 2009.

Interview

First interview was with Director of HR over the phone. Next was 1:1 with HR Director and assistant. Last, with the Sales Director. The process was very formal and included a small tour. Each in-person interview lasted somewhere between 30 to 40 minutes. Everyone was very personable and that helped to alleviate any interview "jitters".

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you demonstrated superior customer service.   Answer Question