Callaway Golf Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (Escondido, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview consisting of typical questions that were not interesting and would be hard to gauge skill set or quality of design candidate. Questions were generic and seemed unprepared.

Interview Questions

• Between website and graphic design what percentage do you work in graphic design?   1 Answer

Commercial Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Callaway Golf in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online on Callaway's career website, and they reached out to me the following day. However, I only received a phone screening. They asked pretty basic questions, and it was about a 10 minute conversation. My interviewer was very friendly. They contacted me again seven days later saying that they would not be continuing the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Associate Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Callaway Golf in August 2017.

Interview

The screening consisted of motivation and background questions, which would have been followed up by an interview with a phone interview with the engineering manager and then in person interviews at the facility in Carlsbad, CA.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Callaway Golf as an Associate Product Designer?   Answer Question

Commercial Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (Carlsbad, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Fairly straight forward, no surprises. Held three phone interviews and one on-site interview with four separate individuals. The timeline from the first contact to the final interview took about three weeks. Received a formal offer for the position, but the compensation package had changed (unfavorably) from what I was originally quoted during the interview process. Callaway was unwilling to honor the original quote or give a viable explanation as to why it had changed. I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• What strategy / process do you use to stay organized with projects, deadlines, etc.   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with the internal recruiter. Then a follow up phone screen with the two members of the Human Resources team that would be working most closely with the candidate.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

two phone calls with HR and my future manager, a full day onsite interview with practical testing, math test with trig and volume, density, mass questions. multiple individual interviews and a panel interview

Interview Questions

• HR: explain when you had a conflict with a co worked and how did you deal with it
      manager: show me how you would approach this problem....can you use the CAD system to make a free form shape, change its size and have the shape update?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Callaway Golf.

Interview

After meeting recruiters at a career fair, I received a call back for a Skype Panel Interview that lasted about 20 minutes. The panel consisted of Engineers from different departments. Gave me mostly a non-technical interview, but threw in a few technical questions to get a feel for how much I knew.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with plastic injection molding?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you faced a large obstacle and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Callaway Golf.

Interview

Applied online, about a week later got a call from HR for a phone screening. Simply talked through my resume. A week later had a phone interview with the hiring manager, which only lasted about 15 minutes. They invited me for an in person interview in two weeks. In person interview was a little under 5 hours and interviewed with a different team member every 30 minutes to an hour.

It seemed like a great place to work, but I could tell that I was not a great fit for the position. I had a pretty technical background and they wanted a dedicated CAD modeler. They were nice enough to call me and let me know I did not get the position, but that was over 3 weeks after the interview process. I am assuming they were waiting for other candidates to accept/decline their offer first.

Interview Questions

• Mostly personality and talking about my background. I was given a golf club head and asked how I would model it.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Callaway Golf (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I would rate the hiring process better than average when I was hired 11 years ago. I had a series of interviews with regional manager, human resources and National Sales Manager. The process took about a week.

Interview Questions

• I was not blindsided by any odd or uncomfortable questions. Most of the questions were easily answer based on my experience in the industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation needed. They provided me with a relocation package and the compensation plan was based on the level of the job and the territory volume.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Great response from HR. Stuck with me til I had a job with them.