Caltech (California) Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caltech (California) Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

4.0

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caltech (California) (Pasadena, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Caltech has a sizable Human Resources department. I applied for the position in late December and was not contacted until late February. The HR person who assisted me was very pleasant and detailed and sent over some instructions for the interview; where to park, where to go, etc. She explained the position thoroughly and advised me to look over their website to become familiar with this famous campus.

When I arrived, I did not meet the HR person I spoke with, rather I was given a map to go ahead and meet with the interviewer immediately. The position I was interviewing for was in the division of math, physics and astronomy (so cool!) and their style was very relaxed. My interview lasted almost two hours, but the interviewer was very welcoming and it helped that their dress code is none.

Ultimately, I came up short with some of the skills they needed, but overall, it was a basic interview.

Questions asked:

Tell me about a particular achievement in your previous job?
What are your weak points?
How do you deal with a manager that is practically non-existent?
Do you work well on your own?
Tell me why you are the person for this position?

Hope this helps! I really had a great experience and if you are looking for a position in an academic setting, look into this place. The campus is beautiful, the people are beyond brainy and the benefits are excellent. Looks like pay is good too. Another bonus - not every position has to go through a background check or drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a recent accomplishment in your previous position   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Caltech (California)

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Caltech (California) (Pasadena, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

The process was quite involved and required alot of effort on my part to see any action. It was weeks inbetween interactions for a position that I was told by the hiring manager needed to be filled as soon as possible. When I did finally get an interview the interviewers acted extremely hostile.

Interview Questions

• How regimented do you like your work schedule, 1 being total adherence to all regulations without question and 10 being completely lax of all rules. Please keep in mind that we are a very sternly run facility   Answer Question