Caltrans Interview Questions in San Bernardino, CA | Glassdoor

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Environmental Planner (Archeology) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caltrans (San Bernardino, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied January, reached out to in February, interviewed March, conditional offer extended April

Interview was strange - Panel interviewers, strange questions that were vaguely worded and had very subjective answers, only took about 30 minutes

Only had 1 in-person interview before receiving an offer (and that whole process with HR and med screenings ended up being so weird and the salary was so low that I ended up declining it).

Interview Questions

• If we were proposing a realignment that would impact an historic property, what would you do?   1 Answer

Student Assistant-Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caltrans (San Bernardino, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on March via internsource. Got an interview about 3 weeks later. I got the offer 1 week after that. I was blessed enough to get an interciew and also receive an offer from Los Angeles around the same time..Later a call from Chico CalTrans as well...In the end, because you have to go through a foundation (InternSource.com aka TCCF , to get the internship) I was allowed to choose where I wanted to stay so I chose the city I was raised in, LA.

Interview Questions

• Questions on the software I claimed to know how to use on my resume   Answer Question

Transportation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Caltrans (San Bernardino, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was fairly quick. They called me about two weeks after submitting my application. The interview was very brief, they only asked about 5-6 relatively open-ended questions. I do know the person that was eventually hired for this position, and they informed that it was helpful to discuss a lot of details regarding previous transportation work experience.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything you would like to add to support your answers for questions 1-4?   Answer Question