Calumet Specialty Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Calumet Specialty Products

2.9

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Calumet Specialty Products (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screen, conducted by the HR rep. The next phase was a group interview with the GC and legal team. The legal team was friendly but has rejected many qualified candidates, without providing feedback, even to recruiters. A waste of my time and prep effort.

Interview Questions

• The phone screen was very straightforward. The group interview was fairly difficult and required thinking on your feet.   1 Answer

Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Calumet Specialty Products.

Interview

First you take a test then you have a one on one and after that is the Panel interview was awesome they make sure you are comfortable and they all are very engaged!

Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Calumet Specialty Products.

Interview

Standard interview process with nothing that was exceptionally unique. Generally a good experience with interviewer who were professional and thorough in their approach. They were also helpful and open in the discussion.

Pricing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calumet Specialty Products (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

It was short and uninformative about the position being applied for. I had to ask all the questions. The manager seemed as though she didn't know the position she was hiring for .

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Calumet Specialty Products.

Interview

Very straightforward questions. The hiring manager was very nice and easy to get with, there were some general explanation about the facility and the day to day operation. I was called after 2 weeks from the site interview

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Calumet Specialty Products.

Interview

Typical structure, Phone screen by HR, 1:1 with manager, then panel interview with several people. Felt I gave them a lot of free consulting which is OK, just be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a situation where an employee was in need of improvement   1 Answer

Senior Process Engineer (Shreveport LA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Calumet Specialty Products (Shreveport, LA) in June 2013.

Interview

intial phone screen, immediate on site interview. no site tour, however. i dont know if it was some sort of hidden test, but they offer no guidance as to where the "front door" or entrance is. thankfully i heard i passed that test with flying colors. :) on site interview was going well, at first although we were off schedule due to me having to fill out a packet (no kidding) a packet or questions which included background checks, employer application etc.
    supposedly they were having major issues occuring during the interview which may account for the seemignly disorganized manner of the interview. also, i am rather light skinned as an african american with straight hair and the african americans on site seemed to be offended by my "white looking" presence. why do i say this? well, it was all good on the phone screen, but as soon as they saw what i looked like, i could feel the tension. all in all, it seems like a rather disorganized plant, with some cultural issues although i will say it was one of the most diverified plants i have encountered. so it wasnt all bad. had i received an offer, i honestly do not know if i would have accepted it.

Interview Questions

• dont know. the interview was totally running behind, with no attention paid to the itinerary. totally unorganized on site interview.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Calumet Specialty Products in December 2015.

Interview

Spoke with HR, met with Hiring Manager, and other department managers. Laid back and the company is looking to grow. Very optimistic and the people were very nice. Received feedback in a timely manner. It seemed like an interview more on the fly as opposed to planned and coordinated.