Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions in Arlington, VA | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions in Arlington, VA

3.1

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview took around 30 minutes. During the phone interview, you ran through your resume in order for you to expanded on certifications and experience. Overall the experience was very pleasant and the interviewer did well keeping the conservation going. Still waiting to get a response to their super day.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have handled a problem in an office environment.   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

First a brief preliminary phone interview, heard back a couple days later and then an in-person interview. In-person interview consisted of a quick presentation about the position, then we got into 4 rounds of interviews. One case analysis, 3 interviews with various HR/management staff, most questions were behavioral and subjective.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you worked in a group that wasn't very effective.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I interviewed for the Investment Associates position. I sent in a resume and cover letter and then was placed for an on-campus interview. The on-campus interview was fine, mostly behavioral questions with one case study. I was then selected for a super-day interview. I was told that the super day would be a few one on ones and then two case studies. However, almost al of the rounds of interviews ended up being groups. The questions all were fine - about what I expected them to be. The super day was concluded by going to a lunch with two other individuals, who were not on the recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• Why transition from my past field (politics) to investment?   Answer Question

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone screening then invitation to interview on-site. The day started with a presentation about the company and the role. Then, there were four 1:1 interviews followed with a case study. Be sure to completely understand the role before going into the 1:1s. If you completely understand the role, you can twist your answers to match it.

Interview Questions

• What weakness of yours may be an issue for this role?   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA).

Interview

- First interview was onsite with two people and it was very relaxed. They just wanted to know your interest and your experience.

- Second interview was onsite with three people. It was the same as first one. Very relaxed

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do?
      Tell me a little bit about the projects you've done?
      what are your hobbies?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

First round interview was on-campus, followed by an on-site final round interview in the office I was interviewing for. Both consisted of behavioral and resume-based questions, but the final-round include 2-3 case studies. The case-studies were conversational and they encouraged you to explain your thought process and ask questions as often as necessary. The final round also included a lunch with two current Investment Associates. Lunch was conversational and provided casual information on what it is like to work there and what brought them to Cambridge Associates, etc.. Cambridge Associates does not book your travel and reimburses costs, but candidates do pay for flights, hotels, transportation up-front. This can be limiting for some candidates so keep this in mind. They also do not pay for any meals during your travel, but take you to lunch during your final round.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

On campus interview with two associates/managers at the same time. Asked me a lot of behavioral questions and questions to get to know me better. A few weeks later I was called in for two in-office interviews with two different managers back to back. First of these two interviews included many behavioral questions similar to the on-campus interview. The second interview asked more technical questions and included two brain teaser questions to see how I think.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions and questions to know more about you as a person, student, and professional. What attracted you to this position? Brain teaser question during office interview to gauge your thought process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given an offer via email which included salary and benefits, etc. I did not negotiate because I was already pleased with the extended offer. My advice is to always ask for a higher salary, because it never hurts to ask, but I was just happy I received the offer and accepted via email.

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA).

Interview

An interview where I met with 8 people, of all different staff levels. First they present their business to you and how it works. Later they ask you questions based on what they tell you, so pay close attention. There weren't too many skill based questions, more personality ones.

Interview Questions

• Explain the inter workings of Cambridge Associates, such as which teams work with who and in what order. (they describe this in their initial presentation to you)

Be able to describe their founding, year, name, locations... simple but important background information
      Answer Question

Advisory Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

There were 3 rounds to the interview process. The phone screening was with a recruiter in the Boston office - very standard behavioral questions. Definitely tailor your answers to the position you're looking to get, don't be too general but also too specific.

The next round I met separately with a bunch of people who would be my potential colleagues, and my potential boss. Again, lots of behavioral questions, "why finance" questions, and situational since my background isn't financial. Keep your answers the same, consistency and good communication is key. I also did a case study that related to the position. Nothing terribly hard, and they didn't expect me to do amazing on the math part because I was up front that I didn't have a background in finance, no biggie.

Last round was with more potential colleagues, potential boss again, and then the head of ASG. More behavioral questions and situational as well. I had my interview on a Monday morning and they called that evening with an offer!

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you have multiple deadlines to work under? How do you prioritize?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Series of phone interviews. Mostly behavioral. Then in-office interviews. They lasted all morning and involved case questions. They were mostly with existing associates and then one or two with directors. Then they took me out to lunch which was very low-key and no pressure.