Cambridge Associates, LLC Consulting Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Consulting Associate Interview Questions

2.8

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through my school's job board. They had two individuals come to campus to conduct interviews. The night before, they hosted a kind of meet-and-greet so we were able to meet the other students that got an interview and received a brief overview of the company.

The first interview was pretty straightforward. Went through my resume then presented with some charts that Associates have to deal with on a regular basis. I had to draw intuitions from the information given. I didn't have extensive experience in investments so I think it was more a matter of how I think on my feet and presentation.

The final round was on-site with 5 back-to-back interviews. A couple interviewers dealt with aspects from my resume (academics, extracurriculars), one conducted a similar activity from the first interview, one gave me an article to analyze, and one had me prepare a 3 minute presentation from a booklet of charts and graphs.

It was a pretty smooth process and I would give a thumbs up EXCEPT they never got back to me concerning my application. I had to approach the recruiter after a few weeks to get any sort of communication from them. I expected better considering they were on-campus recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a 3-minute presentation on your recommended portfolio. You had access to the performances of a couple different portfolios, as well as trends in stocks/bonds/etc.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

Consulting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through campus career center. Half-hour on-campus interview, followed by interview day in Boston office that I declined. The interview was a few standard questions (Why Cambridge, why investment consulting) followed by a brief case study. The interviewer was very friendly and laid-back. Personality fit definitely seemed to be a focus.

Interview Questions

• The case study was pretty simple, just a risk/return graph with different hypothetical managers graphed. The goal was to determine which manager should be replaced (i.e., lowest return/risk ratio).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

1st round phone interview.
    2nd round on-site interview with 4 different people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

Two round interview, standard questions. We talked about my academic experience, my strengths and weaknesses, my goals. We also talk about investments like hedge funds, mutual funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds, U.S. bonds, global bonds, equity index funds, ETFs, cash, treasury bonds, and others. It was a fair interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

First step was a generic phone interview, i.e. favorite class in college, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why CA, etc. Next round is 1:1 with a current Consulting Associate and it has a similar course as the phone interview, but is more to see how you interact with people, and then there was a simple case study about choosing investment managers for a client. Final round is a series of interviews with each interviewer covering a specific portion of you background (College, work experience, interest in investments, what type of person/worker you are, case study (mine was about hedge funds)) given by current Consulting Associates, HR manager, and Consulting manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

On campus interview with one interviewer. Following that, had an informational session in the evening at the office. This was followed by an interview day with 5 interviews, the 3rd being a case interview (that is unlike most case interviews for consulting due to the uniqueness of investment consulting). Then they have a consulting associate take you to lunch, which I assume is informally part of the process as well.

Interview Questions

• The case. It is unlike other cases you would see, and involves picking the right set of investment managers based on the information you are given.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Not a great process. I know some good people there, but their process really looked down on my background because it was not in the "hard sciences" or math.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was set up through my university. Usually you have a behavioral interview, and then if you get accepted you go through a superday round of interviews. Questions consisted of whats your biggest weakness and etc.

Interview Questions

• Whats one thing about you that is not on your resume that you think I should know about you   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Cambridge, MA) in December 2010.

Interview

It was a laid back culture, everyone was really friendly and really young. Most of the employers were from Northeastern schools, NESCA and Ivies. Overall the interview was not hard at all and everyone was really nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

Had my first round of interviews with Cambridge Associates for their Consulting Associates position. It was mostly behavior questions like tell me about a time where you used teamwork. They also gave me a chart which was risk/reward chart based on different portfolio managers. They told me to describe it and talk about the Share Ratio. Besides that, it was a fairly straightforward interview, no tough questions.

Interview Questions

• Toughest class you have taken or why did you choose the school you attend?   Answer Question