Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2017

300 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Probably had about 7 people interview me, some behavioral and some for the cases. For the cases, got a packet, and mostly asked what one would do in different situations when it came to giving financial advice.

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Initial on campus interview was a 30 minute behavioral interview with the recruiter. The second round was a Super Day in office. Four back to back interviews with various people on investment teams. They give you two case studies, one was doable but the other was impossible. Unless you had been working as an investment analyst previously you would have no idea what information to be looking for. Behavioral questions were mixed, one interviewer was awkward and was clearly looking for specific answers. Then you're taken out to lunch by a random associate who did not talk very highly of the company. The recruiter wasn't present at all during the day and did not follow up for almost a month afterwards.

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

The first step of the interview is a phone screen with a campus recruiter. The second round is a series of interviews at the location you are being considered for. You meet with multiple associates.

Interview Questions

• What makes a good group work environment and describe an experience where group work did not go well.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

on campus interview with all behavioral questions then a super day at their office in Arlington. Four 30-minute interviews with people from both PRG and MIG teams. Again, all behavioral and pretty easy. Have good questions to ask them and highlight teamwork skills

Interview Questions

• If you could choose one thing to do at work every day what would it be?   Answer Question
    • If there was one thing you could avoid at work every day what would it be?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a problem with a team. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

First a preliminary phone screening which was more informational in nature. Was invited back for a "Super-day" event, which consisted of an informal chat with a current employee followed by an information session, and then three back to back interviews. The questions were all behavioral questions and one case study (which is more situation based). Do your research on the company and make sure you have plenty of examples describing times you had to collaborate, and effectively manage your time.

Interview Questions

• After attending the information session and coffee meet up, what are your thoughts on the company?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

- First had a 30 min on-campus interview which was resume-based
    - The first interview consisted of only behavioral questions, no technicals
    - Asked to continue the interview process at an office a week later

Accounts Payable Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and were mostly behavioral questions. The interviewer basically asked my backgrounded then shot me questions that sounded like he was reading off of a list and robotic.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake and how you dealt with it
      Name time you came across a difficult personality and how you dealt with it?
      What can you bring to this company with your background?
      Why this company?   Answer Question

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process is somewhat grueling. It's about 3 1/2 - 4 hours long. Know the specifics about the role that you are applying for; they will ask you to describe it in full detail. For the most part, everyone seemed incredibly kind, only one interviewer (out of the five) gave me a negative impression of the company. The questions were pretty basic, but they'll ask you the same question in a different wording more than once, so watch out for that.

Interview Questions

• Q: What can you tell me about the position you are applying for and how it relates to the rest of the company?   1 Answer

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Fairly long process, took over a month. But they were among a change in recruiters. Applied online. I had a first round phone interview followed by a super day with 4 45 minute interviews and a lunch.

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview: Mostly a casual conversation with HR. Nothing technical, why C|A, why finance?
    I am told that I will be moved to a superday. Then the recruiter reaches out and tells me that the role was filled by a former intern, but they have an opening in the San Francisco office, if I am still interested(previously Dallas).
    Total of 4 interviews, 3 with associates and 1 with the team lead.
    2 interviews were behavioral/resume based, why C|A, why finance. Interviewers clearly have a standardized list of questions, almost word for word with other people on glassdoor.
    3rd Interview: Given a 1 pg. summary of a fund manager asked whether or not to end the relationship, all the while explaining to your interviewer your thought process. Followed by being handed a laptop and told to draft a formal email to a client with the decision you made.
    4th interview: Given a collection of charts and stats regarding creating a portfolio for a hypothetical university endowment fund. Again, discuss your thought process with your interviewer. Much less intimidating than I expected, this part was actually refreshing compared to the rest of the interviews, just make sure you know the efficient horizon, Sharpe ratio, basic portfolio theory, keep client goals in mind. The only frustrating aspect was that the interviewer was not nearly as engaging as the others had been, which was a bit discouraging because it was my favorite part.
    5th Interview/Lunch: After the 4th interview another associate that hadn't interviewed you that day took you to lunch in the city and engaged in informal questioning(why San Fran, what do you do for fun, etc.)
    Conclusion: Overall nothing to be worried about as far as superdays go. A very collegiate atmosphere, nice people, salary $60k, respectable firm.

Interview Questions

• Reputable hedge fund manager had a poor performance this year, considering other factors given, should we eliminate him from client portfolios?   1 Answer