Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Brief in-person interview followed by a "super-day" interview. Dey began at noon with lunch with someone who currently holds the position, followed by a 1-hr overview of the company, followed by 4, 30-min interviews back-to-back (one being a case interview). The case interview was pretty straightforward. The interviews themselves asked a lot of meta questions about what motivates you, how you would deal with a hypothetical situation, etc. Nothing too bad, interviewers were nice enough. Interviewing for so long does get tiring, make sure to take water breaks. The most aggrivating part was that it took 3 weeks for the hiring manager to get back to me.

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Had an interview with the on-campus recruiter, then was invited to apply at the Arlington office. Process at Arlington consisted of back-to-back interviews. The questions were about me as a person and how I would react to different things.

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

First a brief preliminary phone interview, heard back a couple days later and then an in-person interview. In-person interview consisted of a quick presentation about the position, then we got into 4 rounds of interviews. One case analysis, 3 interviews with various HR/management staff, most questions were behavioral and subjective.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you worked in a group that wasn't very effective.   Answer Question

Junior Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2016.

Interview

Took a brief phone interview, lasted about 35 minutes. Question and answer format, very rigid. All of the questions were pretty open ended and fair. The interviewer showed no emotion or recognized anything said by me aside from "OK". Despite me feeling comfortable with how the interview went, I did not receive a chance for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that irritates you in a job setting?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

After I applied online I was contacted about a week and a half later through email asking to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was basically a mini interview. They just asked you a few general questions about yourself. The phone screen lasted about 20 min. The next day I received an email inviting me to come in for a "super day". The day started out with a lunch and the 4 thirty minute interviews with one vexing a case study. In the case study they just want to see your thought process. The other 3 interviews were basically behavior type questions. The questions were a little tough but not too bad.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in March 2016.

Interview

Met with four managers and did a simple critical thinking case study. The managers were very different but very professional. At the end they take you out to lunch which was nice. Interview process took roughly 3 1/2 hours. Typical interview questions.

Junior Investment Performance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, first a standard 30min interview and then a 5 hour long super day with interview, a case, and a lunch with an employee. Overall difficult interview with many components.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle miscommunication among team members.   Answer Question

Junior Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Newport News, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was on campus and the people I met with were very professional and enthusiastic about what they did. It was an easy process and went smoothly. I got invited to there superday in Arlington, Va. The recruiting team was very professional and on top of it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone screening then invitation to interview on-site. The day started with a presentation about the company and the role. Then, there were four 1:1 interviews followed with a case study. Be sure to completely understand the role before going into the 1:1s. If you completely understand the role, you can twist your answers to match it.

Interview Questions

• What weakness of yours may be an issue for this role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Email, Phone call, then In-person. In-person consisted of a 1 on 1 lunch, then a 45 minute informational presentation on proprietary software and business structure & practices, then 4 30-min interviews. One was a case study, one is a question and answer where the interviewer doesn't even look at you, just records answers, and two are more job-based and background based.