Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

1. Telephone interview with HR in Boston. Cordial chat, typical questions: why FS? why CA? Tell me about yourself.

2. Invited to Super Day. 6 people started the day, after lunch 3 people were cut. Interviews involved with being interviewed by associate directors, senior investment associates and directors in charge of the different sectors of work. There were also maths, literacy and writing tests.

3. Invited to interview with head of sector I was applying for. Additionally had interviews with an associate director and the MD of the sector. MD interview involved an investment game, a probability riddle/quiz and competency questions.

Phase 3 was incredible tough - toughest interview ever had to do. Really wanted to test how you performed under pressure. All in all good process.

Interview Questions

• Describe the pension fund process? What is to be done in the current environment to try increase funding level status?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Very difficult but helpful. It was definitely a question of me fitting them but also them fitting me. It started with an on campus conversation, group interview and presentation, and then one on one lunch. Very detailed and complete.

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process is somewhat grueling. It's about 3 1/2 - 4 hours long. Know the specifics about the role that you are applying for; they will ask you to describe it in full detail. For the most part, everyone seemed incredibly kind, only one interviewer (out of the five) gave me a negative impression of the company. The questions were pretty basic, but they'll ask you the same question in a different wording more than once, so watch out for that.

Interview Questions

• Q: What can you tell me about the position you are applying for and how it relates to the rest of the company?   1 Answer

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Very lengthy process
    Round one) phone interview
    Round two) group discussion, presentation, two round of 30 min interviews
    Round three) 1hr case study, presentation, two rounds of 30 min interviews
    Round four) 1hr interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA).

Interview

One initial interview with short case and conversation about college and previous internship experiences and second (final) round of superday interviews with more quantitative investment focused content and job related tasks. Met with several associates and my experience was very positive. The interview concludes with a one on one lunch with a current associate not on the recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through this client book and answer the questions for each exhibit.   Answer Question

Junior Investment Performance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, first a standard 30min interview and then a 5 hour long super day with interview, a case, and a lunch with an employee. Overall difficult interview with many components.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle miscommunication among team members.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

After I applied online I was contacted about a week and a half later through email asking to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was basically a mini interview. They just asked you a few general questions about yourself. The phone screen lasted about 20 min. The next day I received an email inviting me to come in for a "super day". The day started out with a lunch and the 4 thirty minute interviews with one vexing a case study. In the case study they just want to see your thought process. The other 3 interviews were basically behavior type questions. The questions were a little tough but not too bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Surprisingly rude. Although it may have been that my interview was at the very end of the day, was surprised how they handled the interview. Would not want to work here based on how they handled themselves.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with one of the recruiters. She asked a lot of questions about my background, work experience and about the company. Be prepared and do a lot of research on the company background, mission, goals and strategies. It was a 30 minutes phone call and it ended when she found out I need sponsorship later. No internship if you need sponsorship in the future. It is just their company rules.

Interview Questions

• What are the specific client that CA works with? What do you find attractive about CA? How would you describe CA to other people? Why investment? How did you choose your school, major? What is your key of success in a team? Describe the challenge you encountered in a team work.   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

First Round: on campus, a mix of fit and investment management centered case
    Super Day: 5 (if I remember correctly) interview that involvement cases directly relevant to CA, with a bit of fit mixed in, afterwards you go to a lunch with a current employee to discuss the firm and the role

Interview Questions

• Questions related to asset allocation and making a recommendation to a fictional client given their current asset mix   Answer Question