Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Very difficult but helpful. It was definitely a question of me fitting them but also them fitting me. It started with an on campus conversation, group interview and presentation, and then one on one lunch. Very detailed and complete.

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Very lengthy process
    Round one) phone interview
    Round two) group discussion, presentation, two round of 30 min interviews
    Round three) 1hr case study, presentation, two rounds of 30 min interviews
    Round four) 1hr interview

Interview Questions

• If you had a million ping pong balls what would you do   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA).

Interview

One initial interview with short case and conversation about college and previous internship experiences and second (final) round of superday interviews with more quantitative investment focused content and job related tasks. Met with several associates and my experience was very positive. The interview concludes with a one on one lunch with a current associate not on the recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through this client book and answer the questions for each exhibit.   Answer Question

Junior Investment Performance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, first a standard 30min interview and then a 5 hour long super day with interview, a case, and a lunch with an employee. Overall difficult interview with many components.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle miscommunication among team members.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

After I applied online I was contacted about a week and a half later through email asking to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was basically a mini interview. They just asked you a few general questions about yourself. The phone screen lasted about 20 min. The next day I received an email inviting me to come in for a "super day". The day started out with a lunch and the 4 thirty minute interviews with one vexing a case study. In the case study they just want to see your thought process. The other 3 interviews were basically behavior type questions. The questions were a little tough but not too bad.

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Surprisingly rude. Although it may have been that my interview was at the very end of the day, was surprised how they handled the interview. Would not want to work here based on how they handled themselves.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with one of the recruiters. She asked a lot of questions about my background, work experience and about the company. Be prepared and do a lot of research on the company background, mission, goals and strategies. It was a 30 minutes phone call and it ended when she found out I need sponsorship later. No internship if you need sponsorship in the future. It is just their company rules.

Interview Questions

• What are the specific client that CA works with? What do you find attractive about CA? How would you describe CA to other people? Why investment? How did you choose your school, major? What is your key of success in a team? Describe the challenge you encountered in a team work.   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

First Round: on campus, a mix of fit and investment management centered case
    Super Day: 5 (if I remember correctly) interview that involvement cases directly relevant to CA, with a bit of fit mixed in, afterwards you go to a lunch with a current employee to discuss the firm and the role

Interview Questions

• Questions related to asset allocation and making a recommendation to a fictional client given their current asset mix   Answer Question

Junior Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Couple other guys in there with me. We watched a power point on the company. Yes they will quiz you about what you saw. Several interviews as they pass you from room to room. Most of the people that interview you are very pushy and rude. They put you under pressure and see how you do. They have case studies, behavioral questions, and will even try to trip you up and catch you lying about anything you say. Very slimy people in my opinion which is why I did not accept the offer... well that and the job is for data input...ALL.DAY. everyday. Data input. And they underpay the heck out of you. Take this job only if you have some dead-end major like poly sci, or management or something. Finance, Accounting, and any other real degrees steer clear because it has nothing to do with any knowledge of anything you learned in school. Just typing in numbers all day.

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

It starts with a basic phone screening interview. Then it's one day of 3 interviews and a case study. It's pretty long and intense, but the interviewers are really nice.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested and what skills I had.   1 Answer