Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2017

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

First had a 1/2 hour Teleconference with 2 business analysts in Boston, then a 1/2 hour panel of 5 business analysts. The met with the Manager and Director and lastly a person to review the interview process.

Interview Questions

• 1. General BA processes questions.
      2. Manager and Director were not able to articulate vision for company and future goals.
      3. Difficult to understand what kind of true BA work they were doing, mostly managing contracted vendors doing all the development work and business analysis. BAs challenges were not able to understand vendor development and complexities.   Answer Question
    • Company Culture:
      Young, Caucasian employees favored. Knowledge and skills are not valued.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Probably had about 7 people interview me, some behavioral and some for the cases. For the cases, got a packet, and mostly asked what one would do in different situations when it came to giving financial advice.

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

There were quite a few rounds of interview. One HR, one group and one to one. We were given a topic to discuss. A lot of behavioural question. It is mostly the fit to the culture to the company.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

- First had a 30 min on-campus interview which was resume-based
    - The first interview consisted of only behavioral questions, no technicals
    - Asked to continue the interview process at an office a week later

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Initial on campus interview was a 30 minute behavioral interview with the recruiter. The second round was a Super Day in office. Four back to back interviews with various people on investment teams. They give you two case studies, one was doable but the other was impossible. Unless you had been working as an investment analyst previously you would have no idea what information to be looking for. Behavioral questions were mixed, one interviewer was awkward and was clearly looking for specific answers. Then you're taken out to lunch by a random associate who did not talk very highly of the company. The recruiter wasn't present at all during the day and did not follow up for almost a month afterwards.

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

First a preliminary phone screening which was more informational in nature. Was invited back for a "Super-day" event, which consisted of an informal chat with a current employee followed by an information session, and then three back to back interviews. The questions were all behavioral questions and one case study (which is more situation based). Do your research on the company and make sure you have plenty of examples describing times you had to collaborate, and effectively manage your time.

Interview Questions

• After attending the information session and coffee meet up, what are your thoughts on the company?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

The first step of the interview is a phone screen with a campus recruiter. The second round is a series of interviews at the location you are being considered for. You meet with multiple associates.

Interview Questions

• What makes a good group work environment and describe an experience where group work did not go well.   Answer Question

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

normally 3 -4 rounds, one HR phone interview, interview by peers, there might be multiple peers of different seniority, then interview by managers and directors. A lot of general questions.

Application

Interview

on campus interview with all behavioral questions then a super day at their office in Arlington. Four 30-minute interviews with people from both PRG and MIG teams. Again, all behavioral and pretty easy. Have good questions to ask them and highlight teamwork skills

Interview Questions

• If you could choose one thing to do at work every day what would it be?   Answer Question
    • If there was one thing you could avoid at work every day what would it be?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a problem with a team. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

For the SF office super day there it was a case interview. They asked about emerging markets, asset allocation, diversification, and portfolio management. You are provided a lot of data about prospective fund managers and you have to give your formal recommendation at the end.