Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

285 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process is fairly standard and straightforward. There will likely be several rounds of interviews, which may include behavioral questions as well as a very moderate case study (much easier than other consulting firms). Buy a book of the most commonly asked interview questions and make sure you have answers to them.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weaknesses, values, tell me about a time....   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied through school. Participated in two rounds. The first was a 30 minute fit interview, and the second round included two fit interviews and a case interview. The case related to an investment portfolio presentation. I was given a book of graphs and asked about their takeaways, and in the end asked to present the materials as if I were presenting to a client.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Quick process that involved 3 rounds. Mostly behavioral. Review your research background and interest in investments. This is a writing intensive role and you will be asked to providing writing samples or do a writing example/case study during the process.

Junior Investment Performance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in December 2014.

Interview

You will go through a few interviews and a group presentation followed up with (or preceded by) lunch with a current employee over the course of a half day.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are geared to determine fit, interests, and career desires.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through university (target school for CA) career center and was granted an on-campus 30 minute interview. In this interview, I was asked to give my story and run through my resume, why CA, what I knew about CA, a time I worked on a team and had difficulty, explain two market trends that I was following, and then was given time to ask the interviewer questions. At the end of the interview, I was invited to the Boston office for a super day interview for 3 hours. I had three behavioral interviews, similar to the on-campus interview, and then I had one case interview. In this, I was presented a manager selection case and had to work through the exhibits with the interviewer to formulate my answer on which manager to select given the client's (a university endowment) needs, risk profile, etc. This was very low pressure and collaborative. The only way to prepare is to learn about Sharpe Ratio and if you really want, to read David Swenson's book, "Pioneering Portfolio Management."

Interview Questions

• Why Cambridge Associates?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you worked on a team that wasn't working well   Answer Question
    • What are two market trends you're currently following?   Answer Question
    • If you worked at CA and had to describe what we do to a client, what would you say?   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

1. Telephone interview with HR in Boston. Cordial chat, typical questions: why FS? why CA? Tell me about yourself.

2. Invited to Super Day. 6 people started the day, after lunch 3 people were cut. Interviews involved with being interviewed by associate directors, senior investment associates and directors in charge of the different sectors of work. There were also maths, literacy and writing tests.

3. Invited to interview with head of sector I was applying for. Additionally had interviews with an associate director and the MD of the sector. MD interview involved an investment game, a probability riddle/quiz and competency questions.

Phase 3 was incredible tough - toughest interview ever had to do. Really wanted to test how you performed under pressure. All in all good process.

Interview Questions

• Describe the pension fund process? What is to be done in the current environment to try increase funding level status?   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

1. online application with CV, cover letter etc.
    2. phone interview covering basic motivational qs and CV walkthrough
    3. superday/assessment centre with 4 back to back interviews, (1 with walkthrough case stud, 1 investment based and 2 fit/behavioral) 3 tests (1 mini essay, basic maths and peer review exercise). Lunch then if successful tow more interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Information session on campus, first interview on campus, 3 interviews at office for a super day. Process took about 2 weeks, then heard back about an offer 2-3 weeks later. The interviews were all very relaxed, and the interviewers were no older than 24/25 years old.

Investment Performance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Very nice people, management is very pleasant as well. You receive a case study, not too difficult. You go in around 8am and sit through a few presentations. Then you break into a series of individual interviews with managers, team leaders, and other senior analysts. It was a pleasant overall experience.

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Brief in-person interview followed by a "super-day" interview. Dey began at noon with lunch with someone who currently holds the position, followed by a 1-hr overview of the company, followed by 4, 30-min interviews back-to-back (one being a case interview). The case interview was pretty straightforward. The interviews themselves asked a lot of meta questions about what motivates you, how you would deal with a hypothetical situation, etc. Nothing too bad, interviewers were nice enough. Interviewing for so long does get tiring, make sure to take water breaks. The most aggrivating part was that it took 3 weeks for the hiring manager to get back to me.