Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2017

Summer Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Round 1: Had an on-campus interview
                     - It was very relaxed
                     - Mostly behavioral questions
                     - 1 on 1 interview with a current Investment Associate

Round 2: Was invited to their office in Washington D.C.
                     - 1 on 1 and 2 on 1 interviews with current employees
                     - 3 cycles of interviews for 30 minutes each

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Cambridge Associates?
      What does Cambridge Associates do?
      Why are your interested in the position?   Answer Question

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Very lengthy process
    Round one) phone interview
    Round two) group discussion, presentation, two round of 30 min interviews
    Round three) 1hr case study, presentation, two rounds of 30 min interviews
    Round four) 1hr interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Had an interview with the on-campus recruiter, then was invited to apply at the Arlington office. Process at Arlington consisted of back-to-back interviews. The questions were about me as a person and how I would react to different things.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Started off with an in-person campus interview. That was 30 minutes and enjoyable. Then flown to Boston office for 4 30minute interviews and a brief lunch afterwards with another IA. 2 case interviews, 2 personal interviews. Very positive experience, great company and nice people.

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview took around 30 minutes. During the phone interview, you ran through your resume in order for you to expanded on certifications and experience. Overall the experience was very pleasant and the interviewer did well keeping the conservation going. Still waiting to get a response to their super day.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have handled a problem in an office environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA).

Interview

One initial interview with short case and conversation about college and previous internship experiences and second (final) round of superday interviews with more quantitative investment focused content and job related tasks. Met with several associates and my experience was very positive. The interview concludes with a one on one lunch with a current associate not on the recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through this client book and answer the questions for each exhibit.   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

First a brief preliminary phone interview, heard back a couple days later and then an in-person interview. In-person interview consisted of a quick presentation about the position, then we got into 4 rounds of interviews. One case analysis, 3 interviews with various HR/management staff, most questions were behavioral and subjective.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you worked in a group that wasn't very effective.   Answer Question

Junior Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2016.

Interview

Took a brief phone interview, lasted about 35 minutes. Question and answer format, very rigid. All of the questions were pretty open ended and fair. The interviewer showed no emotion or recognized anything said by me aside from "OK". Despite me feeling comfortable with how the interview went, I did not receive a chance for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that irritates you in a job setting?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

After I applied online I was contacted about a week and a half later through email asking to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was basically a mini interview. They just asked you a few general questions about yourself. The phone screen lasted about 20 min. The next day I received an email inviting me to come in for a "super day". The day started out with a lunch and the 4 thirty minute interviews with one vexing a case study. In the case study they just want to see your thought process. The other 3 interviews were basically behavior type questions. The questions were a little tough but not too bad.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Information session on campus, first interview on campus, 3 interviews at office for a super day. Process took about 2 weeks, then heard back about an offer 2-3 weeks later. The interviews were all very relaxed, and the interviewers were no older than 24/25 years old.