Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

Investment Performance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Very nice people, management is very pleasant as well. You receive a case study, not too difficult. You go in around 8am and sit through a few presentations. Then you break into a series of individual interviews with managers, team leaders, and other senior analysts. It was a pleasant overall experience.

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Brief in-person interview followed by a "super-day" interview. Dey began at noon with lunch with someone who currently holds the position, followed by a 1-hr overview of the company, followed by 4, 30-min interviews back-to-back (one being a case interview). The case interview was pretty straightforward. The interviews themselves asked a lot of meta questions about what motivates you, how you would deal with a hypothetical situation, etc. Nothing too bad, interviewers were nice enough. Interviewing for so long does get tiring, make sure to take water breaks. The most aggrivating part was that it took 3 weeks for the hiring manager to get back to me.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in March 2017.

Interview

Approximately two weeks after I submitted an online application, I received an invitation to have a phone interview with a representative from human resources. That interview was later that week and took about half an hour. I heard two weeks later I was not being brought in for an in person review.

Interview Questions

• They asked specific questions about technical experience, which was a bit of a surprise since it was an HR round.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA).

Interview

Easy, everyone was super friendly. Really enjoyed my time there. Questions were mostly behavioral with one case study that was very easy and straightforward. Took me out to coffee afterwards with a recently hired associate. All my interviewers were very young and easy to relate to, just wanted to get to know more about my background and why I was interested in CA. Written test at the end as well was extremely simple, just writing an email to test your professional writing skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA).

Interview

Easy experience going in and talking through behavioral questions on campus. Super day involved going to their office in Boston where one interview contained a case portfolio. Not a lot of time to read through it as it was supposed to reflect a "walk-through" environment.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

First round interview on campus with the HR. She was really nice. Super day at their office which consists two behavior interview and one case study. They took me out for coffee at the end of the interview and it was a good opportunity to ask questions.

Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Had a first-round over the phone that lasted roughly 30 min. Mostly fit and questions regarding interest in investing. Overall easy going and pleasant. Was offered a final round for the SF office and they flew me there to interview. Final round was also very easy going and mostly fit based, but one of the three interviews was case based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Nashville, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

I attended two information sessions on my campus; they were held by a group of on-campus representatives including alumni. I applied through my university employer-connection website and was contacted for an interview within a 10-day time frame. The interview was in my campus career center and was conducted by a single FTE who I had met during the info sessions. All behavioral questions, except for some general industry knowledge questions (e.g. Tell me about a recent macroeconomic trend).

Overall average experience - the interviewer was cordial, and though my background is not in finance, she gave me space to speak about why I wanted to be at CA.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in January 2017.

Interview

I got the interview via campus recruiting and met with recruiters and went to info sessions. Then I had an on-campus interview a week after I submitted the online application.

Summer Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

1. On Campus interview at target 1:1 with an Investment Manager from the Boston Office
         -mostly behavioral and resume based
         -some questions on what CA does and their role in the industry
         -Easy going and friendly

2. Flown out for a super day interview in Boston a week later
        -3 interviews with Investment Associates
        -1 case based on asset class opportunities and choosing a portfolio manager
        -1 model email to your "team"
        -1 coffee chat
        -know basic investment topics (Sharpe ratio, diversification, etc.)
        -overall super friendly interviewers. know your stuff and prepare for case.

Interview Questions

• most difficult decision ever made?
      What does CA do?
      Why CA/ Boston/ investments?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N?A