Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

285 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Information session on campus, first interview on campus, 3 interviews at office for a super day. Process took about 2 weeks, then heard back about an offer 2-3 weeks later. The interviews were all very relaxed, and the interviewers were no older than 24/25 years old.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in March 2016.

Interview

Met with four managers and did a simple critical thinking case study. The managers were very different but very professional. At the end they take you out to lunch which was nice. Interview process took roughly 3 1/2 hours. Typical interview questions.

Junior Investment Performance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, first a standard 30min interview and then a 5 hour long super day with interview, a case, and a lunch with an employee. Overall difficult interview with many components.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle miscommunication among team members.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Surprisingly rude. Although it may have been that my interview was at the very end of the day, was surprised how they handled the interview. Would not want to work here based on how they handled themselves.

Junior Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Newport News, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was on campus and the people I met with were very professional and enthusiastic about what they did. It was an easy process and went smoothly. I got invited to there superday in Arlington, Va. The recruiting team was very professional and on top of it.

Summer Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

On campus screening to start, then a superday at the office. The superday was only 4 interviews and mostly behavioral besides a case that revolves around asset allocation. Everyone seemed very nice and extremely intelligent throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Teamwork based questions, classic behaviorals and a case   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I interviewed for the Investment Associates position. I sent in a resume and cover letter and then was placed for an on-campus interview. The on-campus interview was fine, mostly behavioral questions with one case study. I was then selected for a super-day interview. I was told that the super day would be a few one on ones and then two case studies. However, almost al of the rounds of interviews ended up being groups. The questions all were fine - about what I expected them to be. The super day was concluded by going to a lunch with two other individuals, who were not on the recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• Why transition from my past field (politics) to investment?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with one of the recruiters. She asked a lot of questions about my background, work experience and about the company. Be prepared and do a lot of research on the company background, mission, goals and strategies. It was a 30 minutes phone call and it ended when she found out I need sponsorship later. No internship if you need sponsorship in the future. It is just their company rules.

Interview Questions

• What are the specific client that CA works with? What do you find attractive about CA? How would you describe CA to other people? Why investment? How did you choose your school, major? What is your key of success in a team? Describe the challenge you encountered in a team work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview and the second round involved a face-to-face interview with other investment associates and a case study. The interviews with the associates mainly involved behavioral questions concerning how well you would "fit" into the firm. The case study was a technical exercise that involved the analysis of many graphs and financial data and will be pretty daunting for those who lack financial background.

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone screening then invitation to interview on-site. The day started with a presentation about the company and the role. Then, there were four 1:1 interviews followed with a case study. Be sure to completely understand the role before going into the 1:1s. If you completely understand the role, you can twist your answers to match it.

Interview Questions

• What weakness of yours may be an issue for this role?   1 Answer