Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2017

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I met with three people in person in their Boston office. Everyone seemed very professional, collegiate atmosphere, business casual dress. Office was not easy to find. The office was a nice space.

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA).

Interview

One initial interview with short case and conversation about college and previous internship experiences and second (final) round of superday interviews with more quantitative investment focused content and job related tasks. Met with several associates and my experience was very positive. The interview concludes with a one on one lunch with a current associate not on the recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through this client book and answer the questions for each exhibit.   Answer Question

Junior Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2016.

Interview

Took a brief phone interview, lasted about 35 minutes. Question and answer format, very rigid. All of the questions were pretty open ended and fair. The interviewer showed no emotion or recognized anything said by me aside from "OK". Despite me feeling comfortable with how the interview went, I did not receive a chance for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that irritates you in a job setting?   1 Answer

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone screen a few days later. Then I was invited in for a tour and presentation, which I was later quizzed on by my eventual manager. Then finally I was phone screened by head of department.

Interview Questions

• How many offices does CA have? When was it founded? Strengths and weaknesses...   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Charlotte, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was a phone screen. They asked me about myself and why I would want to work at CA. The interview lasted about 25 minutes. Additionally, my interviewer told me more about the specific internship I was applying for and what I could expect to gain from it.

Junior Investment Performance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, first a standard 30min interview and then a 5 hour long super day with interview, a case, and a lunch with an employee. Overall difficult interview with many components.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle miscommunication among team members.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in March 2016.

Interview

Met with four managers and did a simple critical thinking case study. The managers were very different but very professional. At the end they take you out to lunch which was nice. Interview process took roughly 3 1/2 hours. Typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

After I applied online I was contacted about a week and a half later through email asking to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was basically a mini interview. They just asked you a few general questions about yourself. The phone screen lasted about 20 min. The next day I received an email inviting me to come in for a "super day". The day started out with a lunch and the 4 thirty minute interviews with one vexing a case study. In the case study they just want to see your thought process. The other 3 interviews were basically behavior type questions. The questions were a little tough but not too bad.

Junior Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Newport News, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was on campus and the people I met with were very professional and enthusiastic about what they did. It was an easy process and went smoothly. I got invited to there superday in Arlington, Va. The recruiting team was very professional and on top of it.

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone screening then invitation to interview on-site. The day started with a presentation about the company and the role. Then, there were four 1:1 interviews followed with a case study. Be sure to completely understand the role before going into the 1:1s. If you completely understand the role, you can twist your answers to match it.

Interview Questions

• What weakness of yours may be an issue for this role?   1 Answer