Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA).

Interview

- First interview was onsite with two people and it was very relaxed. They just wanted to know your interest and your experience.

- Second interview was onsite with three people. It was the same as first one. Very relaxed

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do?
      Tell me a little bit about the projects you've done?
      what are your hobbies?
      Answer Question

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Email, Phone call, then In-person. In-person consisted of a 1 on 1 lunch, then a 45 minute informational presentation on proprietary software and business structure & practices, then 4 30-min interviews. One was a case study, one is a question and answer where the interviewer doesn't even look at you, just records answers, and two are more job-based and background based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

First round interview was on-campus, followed by an on-site final round interview in the office I was interviewing for. Both consisted of behavioral and resume-based questions, but the final-round include 2-3 case studies. The case-studies were conversational and they encouraged you to explain your thought process and ask questions as often as necessary. The final round also included a lunch with two current Investment Associates. Lunch was conversational and provided casual information on what it is like to work there and what brought them to Cambridge Associates, etc.. Cambridge Associates does not book your travel and reimburses costs, but candidates do pay for flights, hotels, transportation up-front. This can be limiting for some candidates so keep this in mind. They also do not pay for any meals during your travel, but take you to lunch during your final round.

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through the job site at my university. The first round was held on campus and it consisted of a simple conversational interview. Basically the recruiter went through my resume with me and then asked me about their company and some general financial questions. Very relaxed and casual interview.

Information Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Went through a recruiter and had an initial phone interview with a Cambridge recruiter. Came in for 3 half hour interviews with 2 team members and 1 manager. Everyone was comfortable to talk to and the interviews were more conversational rather than question/answer. Came back for a second interview and was contacted the next day that they went with someone else. The role was not for me so it ended up working out.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

On campus interview with two associates/managers at the same time. Asked me a lot of behavioral questions and questions to get to know me better. A few weeks later I was called in for two in-office interviews with two different managers back to back. First of these two interviews included many behavioral questions similar to the on-campus interview. The second interview asked more technical questions and included two brain teaser questions to see how I think.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions and questions to know more about you as a person, student, and professional. What attracted you to this position? Brain teaser question during office interview to gauge your thought process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given an offer via email which included salary and benefits, etc. I did not negotiate because I was already pleased with the extended offer. My advice is to always ask for a higher salary, because it never hurts to ask, but I was just happy I received the offer and accepted via email.

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Cambridge Associates was recruiting on campus. I spoke to representatives at both a career fair and an info session. The first round interview was on campus and was relatively relaxed. It had more of a conversation vibe than an exam vibe. Second round is supposed to be on site. I am waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose to attend the university and study the subject you did?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to work in a group and you had a member who did not corporate.   Answer Question
    • What made you interested in finance?   Answer Question
    • What was you favorite non-major class and why?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Initial interview on-campus with recruiter, open house at the office with an initial information session, then paired up with a peer for informal question and answer. The final round was in the office and consisted of three interviews with HR staff, 3 person peer group and the management team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

The first round interview was strictly behavioral. My interviewer was very nice and we basically just had a conversation for a half hour. At the end he gave me a graph and asked me to analyze it, which was actually very simple. I had no prior knowledge of the concepts covered in the graph, but it was intuitive when you looked at it.

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Auburn, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online through university recruitment website. Invited to sign up for an interview. Scheduled an interview. They rescheduled for a few hours later. One on one interview with an employee. Asked me how I learned about the job and told me about himself. Asked me some general interview questions then allowed me to ask him some questions. Found out the following Monday that I did not move forward in the process.