Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

First round interview on campus with the HR. She was really nice. Super day at their office which consists two behavior interview and one case study. They took me out for coffee at the end of the interview and it was a good opportunity to ask questions.

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Brief in-person interview followed by a "super-day" interview. Dey began at noon with lunch with someone who currently holds the position, followed by a 1-hr overview of the company, followed by 4, 30-min interviews back-to-back (one being a case interview). The case interview was pretty straightforward. The interviews themselves asked a lot of meta questions about what motivates you, how you would deal with a hypothetical situation, etc. Nothing too bad, interviewers were nice enough. Interviewing for so long does get tiring, make sure to take water breaks. The most aggrivating part was that it took 3 weeks for the hiring manager to get back to me.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

Had an initial phone screening, then was brought in for first and second round interviews. All interviews consisted of going over background info. There were no tests, no chances to show what you can do, not even any brainteasers.

Almost everyone I talked to was well-prepared for the interview, friendly, easy going. Very nice office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

There were two interviews, the first is a basic 30 minute screen and then a second super-day interview which consisted of four 30 minute interviews. Overall the technical questions were relatively easy especially if you have a business/finance background.

One major critique, their HR recruiters for this role are pretty lost in the weeds and do not respond to emails or calls. They agreed to reimburse me $300 for travel expenses for the super day, it has been seven weeks and I still have not been paid back. I even Fedexed HR another copy of my expenses and they ignored it. Also, when I finally heard back from HR they told me that I was qualified and they would have made an offer but they had already extended all offers for the class and that they kept interviewing until all offers were extended. I am a bit annoyed that they wasted my time and especially because I did so much prep work all with no chance from the beginning. This is a company with a great reputation and I would have really liked to work there, however treating candidates in this way is unacceptable and unfair.

Interview Questions

• Know about sharpe ratio, correlation and Standard Deviation. Also, there is a basic case study during the super day & a two minute presentation   Answer Question

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2014.

Interview

- Applied online
    - Received email in about 1-2 weeks time from application (REALLY FAST)
    - Arranged for phone interview/phone screen
    - Basic walk-through of resume
    - Tell me more about yourself
    - Why do you want to work in CA?
    - Where do you see yourself in 5 Years?
    - Tell me about a time when you took on a leadership role?
    - Interviewer was friendly throughout

Interview Questions

• - Phone interview was pretty easy and interviewer doing the phone interview/phone screen was really friendly   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

1st stage of the hiring process was a phone call from an employee working in the department. Got invited down to the office for a face-to-face interview with 2 employees whom each only has less than 2 years working experience. Probably due to their lack of working and managerial experience, they did not seem to know exactly what to ask to identify the best candidate suitable for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should choose you out of all the other candidates?   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process was extremely long. There is one phone interview and 2 face to face interview. Tend to ask repetitive questions which were mainly situational questions. It irritated me because the questions were extremely easy and I don't understand why they can't challenge me with tougher questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you work on a challenging project with a group. How did you handle differences between working style? The toughest question was why do you think an interviewer would ask you to talk about your weakness? Anyhow this is an easy question to answer.   1 Answer

QA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

Applied through listing on the school career center website and was contacted a few weeks later by email to schedule a phone interview. The initial phone interview was with a QA engineer with whom I walked through my resume. The interviewer also answered my questions about the company at the end of the interview. I was then contacted by email to schedule a final round interview by phone. During that final interview I was asked technical questions, what I knew about testing, and they also asked me some brainteaser questions. A few weeks later they called and emailed me with an offer. The interviewers were pretty friendly and brainstormed along with me while I was thinking about the solution to the brainteaser questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you already know about testing and QA?   1 Answer

Got a better offer from another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

Had my first round of interviews with Cambridge Associates for their Consulting Associates position. It was mostly behavior questions like tell me about a time where you used teamwork. They also gave me a chart which was risk/reward chart based on different portfolio managers. They told me to describe it and talk about the Share Ratio. Besides that, it was a fairly straightforward interview, no tough questions.

Interview Questions

• Toughest class you have taken or why did you choose the school you attend?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Cambridge, MA) in December 2010.

Interview

It was a laid back culture, everyone was really friendly and really young. Most of the employers were from Northeastern schools, NESCA and Ivies. Overall the interview was not hard at all and everyone was really nice.