Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2017

Summer Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Round 1: Had an on-campus interview
                     - It was very relaxed
                     - Mostly behavioral questions
                     - 1 on 1 interview with a current Investment Associate

Round 2: Was invited to their office in Washington D.C.
                     - 1 on 1 and 2 on 1 interviews with current employees
                     - 3 cycles of interviews for 30 minutes each

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Cambridge Associates?
      What does Cambridge Associates do?
      Why are your interested in the position?   Answer Question

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Very lengthy process
    Round one) phone interview
    Round two) group discussion, presentation, two round of 30 min interviews
    Round three) 1hr case study, presentation, two rounds of 30 min interviews
    Round four) 1hr interview

Summer Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

On campus screening to start, then a superday at the office. The superday was only 4 interviews and mostly behavioral besides a case that revolves around asset allocation. Everyone seemed very nice and extremely intelligent throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Teamwork based questions, classic behaviorals and a case   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Started off with an in-person campus interview. That was 30 minutes and enjoyable. Then flown to Boston office for 4 30minute interviews and a brief lunch afterwards with another IA. 2 case interviews, 2 personal interviews. Very positive experience, great company and nice people.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process began with a phone screening by HR, a week later I got called down for an interview.
    1st session - we were huddled together with a couple of other candidates. Once we all arrived, there were 2 (presumably junior, non team lead) PRG analysts who did a quick round of introductions and started off the session with a mini case study whereby we had to come together to brainstorm a scenario whereby senior managers from overseas were coming to town and what activities can we come up with to host them while they were in town. This exercise seems to examine how are the candidates work and communicate in teams. After this 25 minute session we had to do a little presentation explaining our considerations and rationale for our final recommendations.

Once the analysts have taken their notes, the next session was a 25 min presentation by a team lead on the overview of PRG and what was needed to do well on the job, nothing too in depth but a good eye opener nonetheless. It is advisable to keep some mental notes during the presentation as the interviews will make little references to it.

After that we were split up and were interviewed individually. The first 30 min interview was with two team leads which started off with a "walk me through your resume” and then followed by fit questions. There weren’t many technical questions and the interview revolved mainly what was on the resume. Usual questions like “Why C|A?”, “What is your ultimate career goal?”, “Why should we hire you?”, “Your resume states that you were doing ______ previously, why PRG now?”, "How does C|A fit into your long term plan?”. My advice is be consistent. They are there to “poke holes” at your answers and will try look at them from different angles. This shouldn’t be a problem if you’re authentic or if you have prepared your story in a way that appears consistent. They’re basically there to ensure that you are the right fit for the company and not here for just a few months and having spoke with the different interviewers, they can vouch that C|A is company that invests in their people’s development. The interviewers were not too experienced I’ll say but certainly sharp and pleasant people (I’ll say that their combined working experience was about 7 years).

Next 30 min interview was with another 2 team leads. Pleasant people again and focused mainly on fit questions. And since it was mostly fit questions, it was very conversational and it seemed that they would like to know what you are like as a colleague. The format seemed to be intended to be such and it was an enjoyable session overall (as long as you don’t say anything stupid). Do be prepared to expound on your answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      You were doing this previously, why performance reporting now?
      What are your 3 strengths?
      What are your 3 weaknesses?
      What are your hobbies? Reading? What type of books do you like to read? Anything interesting you want to share?
      What makes a good leader?
      How long do you see yourself at C|A?
      Why should C|A hire you?
      What is your idea of PRG?
      How can you contribute to C|A?
      This is an operations role, are you sure that’s what you want?
      Any questions for me?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Had an interview with the on-campus recruiter, then was invited to apply at the Arlington office. Process at Arlington consisted of back-to-back interviews. The questions were about me as a person and how I would react to different things.

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process was extremely long. There is one phone interview and 2 face to face interview. Tend to ask repetitive questions which were mainly situational questions. It irritated me because the questions were extremely easy and I don't understand why they can't challenge me with tougher questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you work on a challenging project with a group. How did you handle differences between working style? The toughest question was why do you think an interviewer would ask you to talk about your weakness? Anyhow this is an easy question to answer.   1 Answer

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

The first round is a phone interview. The interviewer asked very common questions such as "why do you apply for this job" and "why are you interested in our company". The second round was to talk with two current associates in two divisions. Prepare enough questions for them. The final round was a super day when they first gave me a test to draft an email to their client. Then I talked with more people from these departments, including directors, senior associates and peer associates. Try to avoid Friday when you schedule your interview. They all looked tired.

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview took around 30 minutes. During the phone interview, you ran through your resume in order for you to expanded on certifications and experience. Overall the experience was very pleasant and the interviewer did well keeping the conservation going. Still waiting to get a response to their super day.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have handled a problem in an office environment.   Answer Question

Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of case and interview -- Case (Group and individual), Interview 1:1 with team leads. Be sure why you want the role as fit is important to the interviewers are looking for. Be honest and enjoy the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR is efficient and communication is prompt.