Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

First Round: on campus, a mix of fit and investment management centered case
    Super Day: 5 (if I remember correctly) interview that involvement cases directly relevant to CA, with a bit of fit mixed in, afterwards you go to a lunch with a current employee to discuss the firm and the role

Interview Questions

• Questions related to asset allocation and making a recommendation to a fictional client given their current asset mix   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I interviewed for the Investment Associates position. I sent in a resume and cover letter and then was placed for an on-campus interview. The on-campus interview was fine, mostly behavioral questions with one case study. I was then selected for a super-day interview. I was told that the super day would be a few one on ones and then two case studies. However, almost al of the rounds of interviews ended up being groups. The questions all were fine - about what I expected them to be. The super day was concluded by going to a lunch with two other individuals, who were not on the recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• Why transition from my past field (politics) to investment?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

On campus interview with two associates/managers at the same time. Asked me a lot of behavioral questions and questions to get to know me better. A few weeks later I was called in for two in-office interviews with two different managers back to back. First of these two interviews included many behavioral questions similar to the on-campus interview. The second interview asked more technical questions and included two brain teaser questions to see how I think.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions and questions to know more about you as a person, student, and professional. What attracted you to this position? Brain teaser question during office interview to gauge your thought process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given an offer via email which included salary and benefits, etc. I did not negotiate because I was already pleased with the extended offer. My advice is to always ask for a higher salary, because it never hurts to ask, but I was just happy I received the offer and accepted via email.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA).

Interview

First round on school campus then final round in Boston. All interviews are conducted by current associates. Got back to me the same day with offer (60k).
    Final round format:

2 cases, 2 fit

For cases just gotta know basic portfolio mngmt: sharpe ratio, diversification, difft asset classes

For fit just know why you wanna work at ca and in Boston

Interview Questions

• Review these graphics and give me a short presentation as if I were a client   Answer Question

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

1st stage of the hiring process was a phone call from an employee working in the department. Got invited down to the office for a face-to-face interview with 2 employees whom each only has less than 2 years working experience. Probably due to their lack of working and managerial experience, they did not seem to know exactly what to ask to identify the best candidate suitable for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should choose you out of all the other candidates?   Answer Question

Information Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Went through a recruiter and had an initial phone interview with a Cambridge recruiter. Came in for 3 half hour interviews with 2 team members and 1 manager. Everyone was comfortable to talk to and the interviews were more conversational rather than question/answer. Came back for a second interview and was contacted the next day that they went with someone else. The role was not for me so it ended up working out.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA).

Interview

- First interview was onsite with two people and it was very relaxed. They just wanted to know your interest and your experience.

- Second interview was onsite with three people. It was the same as first one. Very relaxed

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do?
      Tell me a little bit about the projects you've done?
      what are your hobbies?
      Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was quite detailed. I had a panel discussion with entire team consisting of about 10 people. It was very interactive, and there was a lot of good discussion.

Interview Questions

• They asked many questions about the SDLC and various language questions.   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through the job site at my university. The first round was held on campus and it consisted of a simple conversational interview. Basically the recruiter went through my resume with me and then asked me about their company and some general financial questions. Very relaxed and casual interview.

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Email, Phone call, then In-person. In-person consisted of a 1 on 1 lunch, then a 45 minute informational presentation on proprietary software and business structure & practices, then 4 30-min interviews. One was a case study, one is a question and answer where the interviewer doesn't even look at you, just records answers, and two are more job-based and background based.