Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

I went to an information session the night before the interview although they sent the email to potential candidates the day before said interview session stating that it was "strongly recommended". Kind of put me in a bind to begin with. Lucky enough I live in Boston, so that did not result in unplanned hotel accommodations. The interview itself was ok. It was late in the day and my nervousness was measurable. The interviewer was a consultant and was friendly enough, albeit somewhat arrogant. Basic interview questions about my resume, what skills I brought to the position so on and so forth coupled with a chart that I was to interpret. Was informed a few weeks later that the company had chosen to explore other options.

Interview Questions

• Why don't you have a job lined up with the company that you interned with over this past summer?   Answer Question

Junior Associate, Manager Information Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a day that they wanted to do a phone screen. The phone screen consisted of very basic questions and suggested that I apply for a position that I wasn't actually applying to. Questions were not finance-based but more behavioral. I heard back within two days that they wanted me to come in for an open house.

The open house consisted of a presentation by the manager about the group and the company as a whole. I was there with another individual who was applying for the exact same job. After the presentation we broke up and each talked 1:1 with the manager of the group, the director of the department, and the associate director of the department. All were very intense but again did not ask finance questions. Mostly behavioral to see if I would be a good fit. I then heard back in about two days that they wanted me to come into the final interview.

The final interview was long, about 4 hours. I met again with the Director of the department as well as the manager of the group. All asked very intense questions but again mostly wanted to see if I would fit in there. I also met with the entire team and to talk about how they liked their job and why I wanted to work there. Also consisted of a brief writing sample that was really not very difficult.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in October 2010.

Interview

Sent in my resume and heard back with in 2 days. The came to my campus for the interview and it was 2 people in the room asking me questions. They were both very rude. Questions: what news article have you recently read that relates to the current economic climate? what does your personal portfolio look like? if given 1 million dollars, where would you invest it and why?

Interview Questions

• what is the strongest stock in your personal portfolio and why have you invested in it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in January 2017.

Interview

I got the interview via campus recruiting and met with recruiters and went to info sessions. Then I had an on-campus interview a week after I submitted the online application.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

1. On Campus interview at target 1:1 with an Investment Manager from the Boston Office
         -mostly behavioral and resume based
         -some questions on what CA does and their role in the industry
         -Easy going and friendly

2. Flown out for a super day interview in Boston a week later
        -3 interviews with Investment Associates
        -1 case based on asset class opportunities and choosing a portfolio manager
        -1 model email to your "team"
        -1 coffee chat
        -know basic investment topics (Sharpe ratio, diversification, etc.)
        -overall super friendly interviewers. know your stuff and prepare for case.

Interview Questions

• most difficult decision ever made?
      What does CA do?
      Why CA/ Boston/ investments?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

N?A

Senior Hedge Fund Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Met HR first for a description of the role and to discuss my suitability. Followed up with a phone interview to a senior person in Chicago, followed up by numerous local interviews. The gap between each was on average 2 weeks; this went on for months. I was often told there would be "only one more person to meet" only to be called in again. Eventually I made it clear I didn't want to meet anyone else.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would construct a portfolio for a pension fund?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Round 1: Had an on-campus interview
                     - It was very relaxed
                     - Mostly behavioral questions
                     - 1 on 1 interview with a current Investment Associate

Round 2: Was invited to their office in Washington D.C.
                     - 1 on 1 and 2 on 1 interviews with current employees
                     - 3 cycles of interviews for 30 minutes each

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Cambridge Associates?
      What does Cambridge Associates do?
      Why are your interested in the position?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

On campus screening to start, then a superday at the office. The superday was only 4 interviews and mostly behavioral besides a case that revolves around asset allocation. Everyone seemed very nice and extremely intelligent throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Teamwork based questions, classic behaviorals and a case   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Started off with an in-person campus interview. That was 30 minutes and enjoyable. Then flown to Boston office for 4 30minute interviews and a brief lunch afterwards with another IA. 2 case interviews, 2 personal interviews. Very positive experience, great company and nice people.

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Had an interview with the on-campus recruiter, then was invited to apply at the Arlington office. Process at Arlington consisted of back-to-back interviews. The questions were about me as a person and how I would react to different things.