Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

First step was a generic phone interview, i.e. favorite class in college, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why CA, etc. Next round is 1:1 with a current Consulting Associate and it has a similar course as the phone interview, but is more to see how you interact with people, and then there was a simple case study about choosing investment managers for a client. Final round is a series of interviews with each interviewer covering a specific portion of you background (College, work experience, interest in investments, what type of person/worker you are, case study (mine was about hedge funds)) given by current Consulting Associates, HR manager, and Consulting manager.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2011.

Interview

Three back to back interviews. I think they try to tire you out and make you mess up by giving different answers to similar questions. They had the most random questions that didn't pertain to the job and almost seemed convoluted on purpose. After seeing the process of the interviews I no longer had interest in the company.

Interview Questions

• What time would you come into work if you work day started at 8am?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

I went to an information session the night before the interview although they sent the email to potential candidates the day before said interview session stating that it was "strongly recommended". Kind of put me in a bind to begin with. Lucky enough I live in Boston, so that did not result in unplanned hotel accommodations. The interview itself was ok. It was late in the day and my nervousness was measurable. The interviewer was a consultant and was friendly enough, albeit somewhat arrogant. Basic interview questions about my resume, what skills I brought to the position so on and so forth coupled with a chart that I was to interpret. Was informed a few weeks later that the company had chosen to explore other options.

Interview Questions

• Why don't you have a job lined up with the company that you interned with over this past summer?   Answer Question

Junior Associate, Manager Information Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a day that they wanted to do a phone screen. The phone screen consisted of very basic questions and suggested that I apply for a position that I wasn't actually applying to. Questions were not finance-based but more behavioral. I heard back within two days that they wanted me to come in for an open house.

The open house consisted of a presentation by the manager about the group and the company as a whole. I was there with another individual who was applying for the exact same job. After the presentation we broke up and each talked 1:1 with the manager of the group, the director of the department, and the associate director of the department. All were very intense but again did not ask finance questions. Mostly behavioral to see if I would be a good fit. I then heard back in about two days that they wanted me to come into the final interview.

The final interview was long, about 4 hours. I met again with the Director of the department as well as the manager of the group. All asked very intense questions but again mostly wanted to see if I would fit in there. I also met with the entire team and to talk about how they liked their job and why I wanted to work there. Also consisted of a brief writing sample that was really not very difficult.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in October 2010.

Interview

Sent in my resume and heard back with in 2 days. The came to my campus for the interview and it was 2 people in the room asking me questions. They were both very rude. Questions: what news article have you recently read that relates to the current economic climate? what does your personal portfolio look like? if given 1 million dollars, where would you invest it and why?

Interview Questions

• what is the strongest stock in your personal portfolio and why have you invested in it?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The initial interview was pretty easy. Mostly a resume walk-through, talking about previous experience, etc. There wasn't any truly technical questions in the first round.

The super day was a series of four interviews. The first was mostly behavioral. Then there was a case; you got 15 minutes to review it before walking through it with an analyst. The case was pretty basic, nothing crazy there. Then you have a second interview with an analyst that is a mix of behavioral and technical, although there really isn't anything too challenging. Lastly, you have a small writing exercise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Fairly long process, took over a month. But they were among a change in recruiters. Applied online. I had a first round phone interview followed by a super day with 4 45 minute interviews and a lunch.

Accounts Payable Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and were mostly behavioral questions. The interviewer basically asked my backgrounded then shot me questions that sounded like he was reading off of a list and robotic.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake and how you dealt with it
      Name time you came across a difficult personality and how you dealt with it?
      What can you bring to this company with your background?
      Why this company?   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

1st stage - telephone interview (background and motivation for applying)
    2nd stage - interview in office - Consists of a test, and 3 interviews with current associates. 1 of which is investment based, remaining 2 competency based
    3rd stage - Interview with Investment directors - 1 from each practice

Interview Questions

• If I gave you a million £££, where would you invest it right now, and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied through school. Participated in two rounds. The first was a 30 minute fit interview, and the second round included two fit interviews and a case interview. The case related to an investment portfolio presentation. I was given a book of graphs and asked about their takeaways, and in the end asked to present the materials as if I were presenting to a client.