Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

Junior Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Newport News, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was on campus and the people I met with were very professional and enthusiastic about what they did. It was an easy process and went smoothly. I got invited to there superday in Arlington, Va. The recruiting team was very professional and on top of it.

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone screening then invitation to interview on-site. The day started with a presentation about the company and the role. Then, there were four 1:1 interviews followed with a case study. Be sure to completely understand the role before going into the 1:1s. If you completely understand the role, you can twist your answers to match it.

Interview Questions

• What weakness of yours may be an issue for this role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Surprisingly rude. Although it may have been that my interview was at the very end of the day, was surprised how they handled the interview. Would not want to work here based on how they handled themselves.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview and the second round involved a face-to-face interview with other investment associates and a case study. The interviews with the associates mainly involved behavioral questions concerning how well you would "fit" into the firm. The case study was a technical exercise that involved the analysis of many graphs and financial data and will be pretty daunting for those who lack financial background.

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2016.

Interview

The first stage of the interview was a phone screening, followed by an invitation to the first interview at their offices.

The first interview consisted of a short presentation from one of the junior staff, followed by 2 interviews, of which consisted of 2 interviewers/ associates in each interview, who have been at the company for 1-4 years. Both the interviews asked the same exact questions, very much standard or general interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. Took about 1.5 hours.

Managed to secure a second interview relatively quickly, which was 4 working days from the first interview.

The second interview had a more in-depth presentation of the daily duties and responsibilities of the role for starters. Followed by an interview with 2 interviewers, who asked the same general questions as in the first interview. There was a case study to be completed, which was generally something which the Junior Investment Operations Associate had to do from day-to-day. The last part was another interview by the hiring manager and assistant manager - and they LITERALLY asked the same questions again, just maybe paraphrased. Took about 2.5 hours/

Overall, I did not secure an offer from Cambridge Associates, but I do have to describe the hiring process as extremely lengthy and repetitive.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions - Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are some strengths and weaknesses? etc.   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with one of the recruiters. She asked a lot of questions about my background, work experience and about the company. Be prepared and do a lot of research on the company background, mission, goals and strategies. It was a 30 minutes phone call and it ended when she found out I need sponsorship later. No internship if you need sponsorship in the future. It is just their company rules.

Interview Questions

• What are the specific client that CA works with? What do you find attractive about CA? How would you describe CA to other people? Why investment? How did you choose your school, major? What is your key of success in a team? Describe the challenge you encountered in a team work.   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

First Round: on campus, a mix of fit and investment management centered case
    Super Day: 5 (if I remember correctly) interview that involvement cases directly relevant to CA, with a bit of fit mixed in, afterwards you go to a lunch with a current employee to discuss the firm and the role

Interview Questions

• Questions related to asset allocation and making a recommendation to a fictional client given their current asset mix   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I interviewed for the Investment Associates position. I sent in a resume and cover letter and then was placed for an on-campus interview. The on-campus interview was fine, mostly behavioral questions with one case study. I was then selected for a super-day interview. I was told that the super day would be a few one on ones and then two case studies. However, almost al of the rounds of interviews ended up being groups. The questions all were fine - about what I expected them to be. The super day was concluded by going to a lunch with two other individuals, who were not on the recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• Why transition from my past field (politics) to investment?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

On campus interview with two associates/managers at the same time. Asked me a lot of behavioral questions and questions to get to know me better. A few weeks later I was called in for two in-office interviews with two different managers back to back. First of these two interviews included many behavioral questions similar to the on-campus interview. The second interview asked more technical questions and included two brain teaser questions to see how I think.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions and questions to know more about you as a person, student, and professional. What attracted you to this position? Brain teaser question during office interview to gauge your thought process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given an offer via email which included salary and benefits, etc. I did not negotiate because I was already pleased with the extended offer. My advice is to always ask for a higher salary, because it never hurts to ask, but I was just happy I received the offer and accepted via email.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA).

Interview

First round on school campus then final round in Boston. All interviews are conducted by current associates. Got back to me the same day with offer (60k).
    Final round format:

2 cases, 2 fit

For cases just gotta know basic portfolio mngmt: sharpe ratio, diversification, difft asset classes

For fit just know why you wanna work at ca and in Boston

Interview Questions

• Review these graphics and give me a short presentation as if I were a client   Answer Question