Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

extensive process for the position, interviewed with 20 people over 3 separate days, one on one with managers and group interviews with peers. very behavioral and they want to make sure you dont leave the firm within a year. the overall experience was okay.

Interview Questions

• normal questions, why cambridge, strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, received an on-campus interview before being invited to a superday. Superday was composed of four separate interviews with other associates and directors, including a very basic case study. The entire process was much more focused on fit with the office and position rather than knowledge based criteria/.

Interview Questions

• Very fit-based questions, primarily focused on the Investment Associate position itself, which focuses on monitoring the performance of fund managers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I initially applied through On-Campus recruiting. I interviewed on-Campus and it was the basic resume based questions. Nothing to hard. Just study the website and you should be fine. I was told at the end of the interview that I would be moving on to the next round of interviews. After this, it was complete radio silence. I did not hear back from them until 3-4 weeks later until I reached out myself after getting another offer. The recruiter did not get back to me until about a week later in which I was then asked to come in to the office. The process of setting up the on-site interview was really disorganized. the worst experience I have had with any of the companies I have interviewed with. i had to set up my lodging and travel by myself while other companies took care of all that. Besides that, the onsite interviews were pretty smooth. It was a long interview consisting of 5 30 minute interviews, two which were case interviews. The interviews were again the basic resume questions and all the the interviewers asked the same questions. The cases weren't that hard, they basically wanted to see how you think. After the interviews, I went to lunch with two Associates. Over all the interview process wasn't that hard. Definitely, think about what you want to do in your career though. It doesn't seem like this position leads to any more opportunities in the the company. When talking to them, it seemed like most people left and were expected to leave to get an MBA.

Interview Questions

• Why Cambridge Associates?
      Why did you pick your school?
      Why did you pick your major(s)?
      Answer Question

Junior Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Had an on campus interview, 1 on 1 with an alumni who currently works at Cambridge. Basic interview questions involving strengths, weaknesses, and interests. Make sure you know what the job you are applying for entails because they will ask about it. Asked back to go to a "super day." Excited for this opportunity!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university's job board, selected for a campus interview. A week later I received an invitation for a super day. It consisted of 6 rounds, 2 of which were cases. Not very difficult. Really basic investing knowledge (risk, return, time horizons).

Interview Questions

• Case based on an endowment and strategically walking through how you would allocate these funds.   Answer Question

Junior Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Couple other guys in there with me. We watched a power point on the company. Yes they will quiz you about what you saw. Several interviews as they pass you from room to room. Most of the people that interview you are very pushy and rude. They put you under pressure and see how you do. They have case studies, behavioral questions, and will even try to trip you up and catch you lying about anything you say. Very slimy people in my opinion which is why I did not accept the offer... well that and the job is for data input...ALL.DAY. everyday. Data input. And they underpay the heck out of you. Take this job only if you have some dead-end major like poly sci, or management or something. Finance, Accounting, and any other real degrees steer clear because it has nothing to do with any knowledge of anything you learned in school. Just typing in numbers all day.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through on-campus recruiting. I was notified 3 days later that I had an interview. I did a preliminary 30-minute behavioral and resume-based interview on campus with one of the finance associates. 3 days later, I was invited to the Boston office for three 30-minute resume-based interviews with the directors of the department.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?

How have your experiences prepared you to work in finance?
      Answer Question

Global Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied after receiving employee referral as a rising college junior. HR requested a phone interview, primarily fit and behavioral questions. Was asked to return for a super day. Structured as three interviews with the department MDs between three final candidates. Again primarily behavioral questions, but each interview was very similar.

Process:
    Screening phone interview (20 minutes)
    Super day - Three 30 minute interviews

Investment Associate Interview

Interview

Submitted resume through college, had 30 min interview at Bowdoin, asked to have a SuperDay in the office. Super day much more intense than originally thought. 4 hours of interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I contacted an alumni from my school, top-tier liberal arts school, and was put into contact with a recruiter. I had a 15 minute phone interview with the recruiter, then was asked to go into the office and had two interviews with team members I would be working with to talk about my resume, experience etc. Was finally invited back for a final round with multiple MD's and had to complete a case assignment.