Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA).

Interview

An interview where I met with 8 people, of all different staff levels. First they present their business to you and how it works. Later they ask you questions based on what they tell you, so pay close attention. There weren't too many skill based questions, more personality ones.

Interview Questions

• Explain the inter workings of Cambridge Associates, such as which teams work with who and in what order. (they describe this in their initial presentation to you)

Be able to describe their founding, year, name, locations... simple but important background information   Answer Question

Research Investment Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Applied online, 15 min phone interview with HR. It was very general questions about my background. She sent me a case study I had to complete before coming into meet with five people on the team. Case study wasn't hard, they just give you minimal information as to what they want for only two pages of writing. Interviews in person went well, however some of the questions were high level macro related. Also, went over the case study in detail. HR got back to me the next day saying the team felt very strongly but I was the first one to interview so they would let me know after the others were completed. Unfortunately, three weeks later, they went with somebody else. Overall, it was a great experience and I hope to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• Case study questions. Tell me something you would invest in today?   Answer Question

Advisory Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

There were 3 rounds to the interview process. The phone screening was with a recruiter in the Boston office - very standard behavioral questions. Definitely tailor your answers to the position you're looking to get, don't be too general but also too specific.

The next round I met separately with a bunch of people who would be my potential colleagues, and my potential boss. Again, lots of behavioral questions, "why finance" questions, and situational since my background isn't financial. Keep your answers the same, consistency and good communication is key. I also did a case study that related to the position. Nothing terribly hard, and they didn't expect me to do amazing on the math part because I was up front that I didn't have a background in finance, no biggie.

Last round was with more potential colleagues, potential boss again, and then the head of ASG. More behavioral questions and situational as well. I had my interview on a Monday morning and they called that evening with an offer!

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you have multiple deadlines to work under? How do you prioritize?   Answer Question

Investment Performance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Very nice people, management is very pleasant as well. You receive a case study, not too difficult. You go in around 8am and sit through a few presentations. Then you break into a series of individual interviews with managers, team leaders, and other senior analysts. It was a pleasant overall experience.

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

The company was very nice for the majority of the process. The initial contact came over 3 months after I applied. There were two rounds, one phone interview and a "super day" that consisted of 4 interviews back-to-back. The people were very nice, the interview process was smooth. However, after speaking with the final interviewer (director), I was told I would find out fairly quickly what their decision was. After 5 weeks passed, I contacted HR to ask what the status was. They never responded. I applied for a position as basically a data entry associate, even though my education was in Finance and financial analysis. I applied for a position below what I was "qualified" for in the sense that what I was inputting into databases would be used by financial analysts. It's been over 6 weeks and I haven't received any information, very unprofessional HR.

Manager Information Group Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Initial phone screening with basic behavioral and resume questions, then invited to offices in Arlington for "interview day". Day started off with friendly lunch with employee (not an interviewer), then presentation of company and position. 4 interviews. Resume based interview about your past experiences. Case study written exercise about decision making when dealing with deadlines and clients. 2 interviews with 2 different managers.

Interview Questions

• What are you all about? Tell me about this experience? Do you prefer structure or freedom?   Answer Question

MIG Interview

Application

Interview

I applied through my university for an on-campus interview. The interview contained only standard behavioral interview questions and questions about the company. Make sure that you prepare sufficiently about MIG--I didn't. The recruiter let me know through email later that week that I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself, what qualities do you wish/do not wish to see in an employer, tell me about a time when you... questions.   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Series of phone interviews. Mostly behavioral. Then in-office interviews. They lasted all morning and involved case questions. They were mostly with existing associates and then one or two with directors. Then they took me out to lunch which was very low-key and no pressure.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

i had a phone interview with the manager of the UX department and he went over why I wanted to join the company, how my background prepares me for this role, and what the role entailed.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I met with three people in person in their Boston office. Everyone seemed very professional, collegiate atmosphere, business casual dress. Office was not easy to find. The office was a nice space.