Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2017

Junior Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Had an on campus interview, 1 on 1 with an alumni who currently works at Cambridge. Basic interview questions involving strengths, weaknesses, and interests. Make sure you know what the job you are applying for entails because they will ask about it. Asked back to go to a "super day." Excited for this opportunity!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university's job board, selected for a campus interview. A week later I received an invitation for a super day. It consisted of 6 rounds, 2 of which were cases. Not very difficult. Really basic investing knowledge (risk, return, time horizons).

Interview Questions

• Case based on an endowment and strategically walking through how you would allocate these funds.   Answer Question

Junior Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Couple other guys in there with me. We watched a power point on the company. Yes they will quiz you about what you saw. Several interviews as they pass you from room to room. Most of the people that interview you are very pushy and rude. They put you under pressure and see how you do. They have case studies, behavioral questions, and will even try to trip you up and catch you lying about anything you say. Very slimy people in my opinion which is why I did not accept the offer... well that and the job is for data input...ALL.DAY. everyday. Data input. And they underpay the heck out of you. Take this job only if you have some dead-end major like poly sci, or management or something. Finance, Accounting, and any other real degrees steer clear because it has nothing to do with any knowledge of anything you learned in school. Just typing in numbers all day.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through on-campus recruiting. I was notified 3 days later that I had an interview. I did a preliminary 30-minute behavioral and resume-based interview on campus with one of the finance associates. 3 days later, I was invited to the Boston office for three 30-minute resume-based interviews with the directors of the department.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?

How have your experiences prepared you to work in finance?   Answer Question

Global Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied after receiving employee referral as a rising college junior. HR requested a phone interview, primarily fit and behavioral questions. Was asked to return for a super day. Structured as three interviews with the department MDs between three final candidates. Again primarily behavioral questions, but each interview was very similar.

Process:
    Screening phone interview (20 minutes)
    Super day - Three 30 minute interviews

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process is fairly standard and straightforward. There will likely be several rounds of interviews, which may include behavioral questions as well as a very moderate case study (much easier than other consulting firms). Buy a book of the most commonly asked interview questions and make sure you have answers to them.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weaknesses, values, tell me about a time....   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Interview

Submitted resume through college, had 30 min interview at Bowdoin, asked to have a SuperDay in the office. Super day much more intense than originally thought. 4 hours of interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I contacted an alumni from my school, top-tier liberal arts school, and was put into contact with a recruiter. I had a 15 minute phone interview with the recruiter, then was asked to go into the office and had two interviews with team members I would be working with to talk about my resume, experience etc. Was finally invited back for a final round with multiple MD's and had to complete a case assignment.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Durham, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Resume submission--on-campus interview, but I did not move to the next round. There were 2 interviewers and they were pretty nice and patient. They did not ask much related to finance but more behavioral questions.

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Submitted my resume online and received a call within a day or two. The initial phone interview was very easy and lasted about 15 minutes. I mostly spoke about time management, teamwork, time sensitivity of data and how these concepts related to my past work experience. I was invited to the open house interview, which like the first one was mostly resume and personality based questions. The interviews are very easy be comfortable and stress your high work ethic, your ability to work with teams and your commitment to finishing projects. Research MIG before you apply.