Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

3.2

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

First a preliminary phone screening which was more informational in nature. Was invited back for a "Super-day" event, which consisted of an informal chat with a current employee followed by an information session, and then three back to back interviews. The questions were all behavioral questions and one case study (which is more situation based). Do your research on the company and make sure you have plenty of examples describing times you had to collaborate, and effectively manage your time.

Interview Questions

• After attending the information session and coffee meet up, what are your thoughts on the company?   Answer Question
  • What motivates you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Brief in-person interview followed by a "super-day" interview. Dey began at noon with lunch with someone who currently holds the position, followed by a 1-hr overview of the company, followed by 4, 30-min interviews back-to-back (one being a case interview). The case interview was pretty straightforward. The interviews themselves asked a lot of meta questions about what motivates you, how you would deal with a hypothetical situation, etc. Nothing too bad, interviewers were nice enough. Interviewing for so long does get tiring, make sure to take water breaks. The most aggrivating part was that it took 3 weeks for the hiring manager to get back to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

First a brief preliminary phone interview, heard back a couple days later and then an in-person interview. In-person interview consisted of a quick presentation about the position, then we got into 4 rounds of interviews. One case analysis, 3 interviews with various HR/management staff, most questions were behavioral and subjective.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you worked in a group that wasn't very effective.   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2015.

Interview

15 minutes phone interview, followed by 1st round interview at their office. Had interview with 2 associates as well as the company HR. Interview with HR was more pleasant and left a good impression of the company.

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

The company was very nice for the majority of the process. The initial contact came over 3 months after I applied. There were two rounds, one phone interview and a "super day" that consisted of 4 interviews back-to-back. The people were very nice, the interview process was smooth. However, after speaking with the final interviewer (director), I was told I would find out fairly quickly what their decision was. After 5 weeks passed, I contacted HR to ask what the status was. They never responded. I applied for a position as basically a data entry associate, even though my education was in Finance and financial analysis. I applied for a position below what I was "qualified" for in the sense that what I was inputting into databases would be used by financial analysts. It's been over 6 weeks and I haven't received any information, very unprofessional HR.

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

HR called me for a phone screen. He was nice and phone questions where easy, but the whole process was rushed and there wasn't enough notice for the following in person interview. The in person interview day was long but everyone asked pretty normal interview questions. Some of the interviews were nicer than others, but no one was gruff or rude. HR said they would get back to me in a few days, but he never notified me of their decision, despite my attempt to reach out to him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a junior associate position and was contacted within the week for a phone interview. It lasted for about 20 minutes, and they followed up requesting an in person interview. Have not yet completed the super day, but it will consist of a presentation on MIG along with three interviews with managing directors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the most important work related skill you acquired from your last internship?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was done in about two weeks, which was great. Everyone I met was professional, friendly, and enthusiastic. I had several interviews, which were not easy, but I found the questions to be reasonable and relevant. Definitely sold me on the company and the position. I have learned so much in my first few weeks in the role, I am happy I decided on Cambridge.

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently if you went back to school?   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Submitted my resume online and received a call within a day or two. The initial phone interview was very easy and lasted about 15 minutes. I mostly spoke about time management, teamwork, time sensitivity of data and how these concepts related to my past work experience. I was invited to the open house interview, which like the first one was mostly resume and personality based questions. The interviews are very easy be comfortable and stress your high work ethic, your ability to work with teams and your commitment to finishing projects. Research MIG before you apply.

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2014.

Interview

Advise pay attention and take notes during the presentation and memorize the mission statement. It will be asked in the interview. I would also suggest to take the morning interview time slot. If you take the afternoon one, you will begin the day with lunch. I feel that lunch is a best to finish the interview rather than beginning it.