Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Associate Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

First a brief preliminary phone interview, heard back a couple days later and then an in-person interview. In-person interview consisted of a quick presentation about the position, then we got into 4 rounds of interviews. One case analysis, 3 interviews with various HR/management staff, most questions were behavioral and subjective.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you worked in a group that wasn't very effective.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2015.

Interview

15 minutes phone interview, followed by 1st round interview at their office. Had interview with 2 associates as well as the company HR. Interview with HR was more pleasant and left a good impression of the company.

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

The company was very nice for the majority of the process. The initial contact came over 3 months after I applied. There were two rounds, one phone interview and a "super day" that consisted of 4 interviews back-to-back. The people were very nice, the interview process was smooth. However, after speaking with the final interviewer (director), I was told I would find out fairly quickly what their decision was. After 5 weeks passed, I contacted HR to ask what the status was. They never responded. I applied for a position as basically a data entry associate, even though my education was in Finance and financial analysis. I applied for a position below what I was "qualified" for in the sense that what I was inputting into databases would be used by financial analysts. It's been over 6 weeks and I haven't received any information, very unprofessional HR.

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

HR called me for a phone screen. He was nice and phone questions where easy, but the whole process was rushed and there wasn't enough notice for the following in person interview. The in person interview day was long but everyone asked pretty normal interview questions. Some of the interviews were nicer than others, but no one was gruff or rude. HR said they would get back to me in a few days, but he never notified me of their decision, despite my attempt to reach out to him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a junior associate position and was contacted within the week for a phone interview. It lasted for about 20 minutes, and they followed up requesting an in person interview. Have not yet completed the super day, but it will consist of a presentation on MIG along with three interviews with managing directors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the most important work related skill you acquired from your last internship?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was done in about two weeks, which was great. Everyone I met was professional, friendly, and enthusiastic. I had several interviews, which were not easy, but I found the questions to be reasonable and relevant. Definitely sold me on the company and the position. I have learned so much in my first few weeks in the role, I am happy I decided on Cambridge.

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently if you went back to school?   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Submitted my resume online and received a call within a day or two. The initial phone interview was very easy and lasted about 15 minutes. I mostly spoke about time management, teamwork, time sensitivity of data and how these concepts related to my past work experience. I was invited to the open house interview, which like the first one was mostly resume and personality based questions. The interviews are very easy be comfortable and stress your high work ethic, your ability to work with teams and your commitment to finishing projects. Research MIG before you apply.

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2014.

Interview

Advise pay attention and take notes during the presentation and memorize the mission statement. It will be asked in the interview. I would also suggest to take the morning interview time slot. If you take the afternoon one, you will begin the day with lunch. I feel that lunch is a best to finish the interview rather than beginning it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on their website, and they quickly scheduled a phone interview that same week. The phone call was short (~10 min) and was basic "take me through your resume" stuff. I was then invited in to their office with 2 other candidates. They first gave us a ~45 minute presentation on the company, the specific arm we were applying for (MIG), and the position to all 3 of us. Then we had three 30 min individual interviews with a rep from 3 of the 4 subgroups within MIG. It was all behavioral and resume based. They were all friendly enough, but they made sure I gave more in depth answers than I have typically had to. I did not get invited back for the second round interview.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral. Be prepared to talk about experience with teamwork, prioritizing work, time management, among a variety of different questions along those lines.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Applied online. Received an email about 4 days later requesting a phone screen. Phone interview was very basic, just ran down my resume. Received an email the next day requesting an interview. It was a super day format where you go in, watch a presentation, and 3 30 minute interviews with managers. The rooms were supposed to be asking different questions, however, it seemed like they were all repeating questions. 2/3 rooms were very cold, with questions being rapid fired.

Interview Questions

• They open the job up to all majors, but wanted a detailed explanation of exactly how they operated.   Answer Question
Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Associate Interview Arlington, VA Explain a time where you worked in a group that wasn't very effective.
Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Associate Interview Singapore (Singapore) If money was no object, what would you be doing?
Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Associate Interview Give me some examples of your leadership roles
Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Associate Interview Why Cambridge Associates?
Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Associate Interview What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Associate Interview What are your career goals?
Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Associate Interview What does a junior associate do?
Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Associate Interview What motivates you?
Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Associate Interview Arlington, VA Tell me the most important work related skill you acquired from your last internship?
Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Associate Interview Washington, DC What would you do differently if you went back to school?
Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Associate Interview Weakness/Strengths
Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Associate Interview What is something that makes you worry?
Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Associate Interview Arlington, VA All behavioral. Be prepared to talk about experience with teamwork, prioritizing work, time management, among a variety of different questions along those lines.
Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Associate Interview Arlington, VA They open the job up to all majors, but wanted a detailed explanation of exactly how they operated.