Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Junior Research Associate Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Fairfax, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was mostly a behavioral interview. i applied through the university's career site, so the interview took place on campus. the whole thing took about 30-45 mins. It was in person and with two interviewers. they took turns asking questions. they asked about work experience and how could my major translate into the work place. they said would contact me regardless if i got a second interview or not, but never did.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

The first round is a phone interview. The interviewer asked very common questions such as "why do you apply for this job" and "why are you interested in our company". The second round was to talk with two current associates in two divisions. Prepare enough questions for them. The final round was a super day when they first gave me a test to draft an email to their client. Then I talked with more people from these departments, including directors, senior associates and peer associates. Try to avoid Friday when you schedule your interview. They all looked tired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews

First round was an initial phone screening. Lasted less than half an hour with questions about resume and basic behavioral questions. A few days later, I got a call to come in for the Open House interview round.

Open house interview round with multiple candidates together for a round robbin interview. The round started off with a presentation given by current or former Junior Associates to give a background of the company and position. Lasted about 45 minutes. After that was a round of two interviews, one with a manager and one with HR. The manager interviewer didn't seem too personable, and it was a bit difficult getting good back and forth discussion with him. Both interviewers asked the "what is your weakness" question. The answer would be brought up in later interviews.

Round after that was about a two hour interview process. It began with additional overview of the position and showing the system that would be used to track information. After that was a round table discussion with three employees working in the position being interviewed for to give an "employee" view of what you would be doing. Then there was a "practical" component that required writing an email based on a list of information needed to be gathered. It ended with an in-person interview with the manager of the group they were considering you for. For me, it was the same manager from the Open House.

Did not enjoy the manager interview. The manager was abrasive and seemed over-confident in his abilities. He seemed to treat the position like grunt work but expected a high level of intelligence/capability, mostly trying to prod at any response that he didn't think was good enough. The majority of the time, it felt more like an inquisition than an interview. A few questions bordered on inappropriate, asking about my emotional state (because his abrasive personality got me a bit flustered) and questioning work ethic (I was essentially told I didn't have an appropriate work ethic because I wasn't a college athlete and didn't work two jobs in college to support myself).

Overall the interview process was good except for the time spent with the manager I would be working under. Had I not interviewed with him, I probably would have wanted the job. I accepted a job at another company before hearing back about the interview, although I would not have accepted had it been offered.

Interview Questions

• "What are you weaknesses" question from every person I interviewed with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, 3 on-site 1:1 interviews going over your resume and background-- very basic. Final round on-site interview was very long. Some of it was informational and you had the opportunity to speak with current associates which was great. Unfortunately, some of the 'upper level' people you interview with at this stage ask some strange questions and aren't so nice. Would not have wanted to work for them.