Cambridge Associates, LLC Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cambridge Associates, LLC Summer Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA).

Interview

Easy, everyone was super friendly. Really enjoyed my time there. Questions were mostly behavioral with one case study that was very easy and straightforward. Took me out to coffee afterwards with a recently hired associate. All my interviewers were very young and easy to relate to, just wanted to get to know more about my background and why I was interested in CA. Written test at the end as well was extremely simple, just writing an email to test your professional writing skills.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA).

Interview

Easy experience going in and talking through behavioral questions on campus. Super day involved going to their office in Boston where one interview contained a case portfolio. Not a lot of time to read through it as it was supposed to reflect a "walk-through" environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Nashville, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

I attended two information sessions on my campus; they were held by a group of on-campus representatives including alumni. I applied through my university employer-connection website and was contacted for an interview within a 10-day time frame. The interview was in my campus career center and was conducted by a single FTE who I had met during the info sessions. All behavioral questions, except for some general industry knowledge questions (e.g. Tell me about a recent macroeconomic trend).

Overall average experience - the interviewer was cordial, and though my background is not in finance, she gave me space to speak about why I wanted to be at CA.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced conflict within a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with one of the recruiters. She asked a lot of questions about my background, work experience and about the company. Be prepared and do a lot of research on the company background, mission, goals and strategies. It was a 30 minutes phone call and it ended when she found out I need sponsorship later. No internship if you need sponsorship in the future. It is just their company rules.

Interview Questions

• What are the specific client that CA works with? What do you find attractive about CA? How would you describe CA to other people? Why investment? How did you choose your school, major? What is your key of success in a team? Describe the challenge you encountered in a team work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very easy-going, they always make you feel comfortable and frame the interviews like normal conversations. Low stress, but definitely require a decent amount of technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Should so-and-so portfolio expand into emerging markets given such-and-such circumstances? If so, to what degree? What investments should be removed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter at the end of January 2013. After submitting an application and two academic references I had a phone interview with a second-year associate who asked primarily personal/fit questions, nothing technical. The on-site interview in Boston was about a week later. That consisted of three 30-minute interviews, each with 1-2 current associates. The morning culminated with a lunch interview with a fourth CA associate.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly difficult. The crux of the interview centered around a case interview delivering a recommendation to a client about an asset allocation strategy giving a variety of asset classes with varying avg. annual returns and standard deviations given the client's risk/expected return requirements   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume, cover letter, and transcript through university's career portal. Was contacted within a week via email from the head recruiter based out of their Boston office. Arranged for a phone interview/screening within a week of the email. Phone interview took place on a weekday morning and was projected to last for 20-30 minutes, ended up chatting with the interviewer (a fully-time associate at the office applied) for about 45 minutes total about sports and a their recent company ski trip. Received notification of making it through to the final round within another week. Final round interview took place at their Menlo Park office and consisted of 3 back-to-back interviews (2 behavioral and 1 case) and a 4th "lunch" which seemed to be a sort of fit interview where an associate went to lunch with you. It seemed to check for how well you would function in a social setting with a company associate. Behavioral interviews were fairly standard, no odd questions, mostly based around what you hoped to get out of the company and what you could contribute. Case interview was very low-stress and collaborative. Potentially dinged because of a lack of demonstrated interest in their direct line of work (financial consulting for institutional endowments).

Interview Questions

• How long do you expect to stay with this company?   1 Answer