Cambridge University Press Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Cambridge University Press

Other2%
HardAverageEasy
Found 47 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United Kingdom
Application

I interviewed at Cambridge University Press (United Kingdom)

Interview

I recieved an answer after 3 weeks and has been invited to two Interviews. For the secon one i needed to prepare a Presentation and present it within 20 Minutes.

Interview Questions
  • What habe you done in your current position
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England
Application

Interview

Three interviews, lasting about an hour each. Friendly interviewers, make you very comfortable and ask insightful questions. Very engaging discussion, especially for someone who went in with no previous publishing experience.

Interview Questions
Cambridge University Press
Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press (Manila, Manila) in Oct 2019

Interview

There were 3 interviews and the types of questions that they asked were related to my resume and technical skills. There was an examination that was challenging and appropriate because it was a technical exam (Algorithms and SQL) and there was no nonsense examinations like vocabulary test.

Interview Questions
Cambridge University Press
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press (Cambridge, England) in Jul 2019

Interview

The length of time between submitting an application and being asked to interview was quite short, about a week. Then it was simply a case of going up to Cambridge - they were happy to rearrange the original time and date to suit me better.

Interview Questions
  • Who has been the most influential person in your life?
  • Describe a time you made a (professional) mistake and what did you learn from it?
Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press (Cambridge, England) in Apr 2019

Interview

2 interviews both are face to face with 2 managers. The entire process was really long as they changed JD from permanent to fixed term after the first interview(saying they had an internal transfer for the permanent position but they still want a fixed contract one). Interview questions in first interview were normal such as: why you, why CUP, and how do you work with other people. The second interview was 5 weeks later. Questions about supply chain knowledge background were asked. There were a simple set of tests of math and supply chain concepts- taking me about 10 mins to finish. Besides the slow process of recruitment, interviewees are very friendly and nice. They were listening patiently, interacting with me, and helping me build up my confidence during interviews. I really enjoyed this opportunity over all.

Application

Interview

Applied online, invited for an interview and was given an outline for a presentation that I had to research for, delivered a 10-15 minute presentation at the interview, answered questions and presented samples of my previous work, got rejected for the second interview round. After the rejection had to wait quite a while for feedback and had to chase a couple of times.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you decide to apply?
  • Why do you want to work for us? What do you know about us?
  • What are the challenges currently in the field of xx that can affect this role?
  • Tell us about a time... when you had to multitask/had to deal with a challenging customer or colleague/had to convince someone/how do you juggle around multiple priorities...
  • Have you got any questions for us?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press (Cambridge, England) in Nov 2018

Interview

I applied online and about a week later I got invited for an interview (in a week). I was interviewed by the two people I would be working directly under. It was an hour long interview at CUP.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle stress? Tell me about your strengths? What do you know about CUP and why would you like to work here? Describe a difficulty you had to overcome. Any questions about the job?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press (New York, NY) in Nov 2018

Interview

A phone interview, followed by two in-person interviews with multiple interviewers, plus a skills test, background check, and references. The in-person interviews were panel/group interviews, led by the hiring manager, the hiring manager's next-level supervisor, an HR representative, and relevant stakeholders from closely related departments.

Interview Questions
Cambridge University Press
Anonymous Employee in Makati City
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press (Makati City) in Jun 2018

Interview

The interview process was like this: HR Interview > Exam > Technical > Final Interview It took a total of 2 weeks to close the offer. The Job offer is sent digitally :)

Interview Questions
Cambridge University Press
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press (Cambridge, England) in Jun 2018

Interview

The interview was formal and conducted by a Program Lead and a Senior PM. It was fairly relaxed and I had the opportunity to ask questions as and when. They had 6 set questions and after that I was given the opportunity to ask them questions. I got the sense that they had already decided on who their candidate was and they were simply running the interview as part of protocol. In that sense, it wasnt a great interview and getting feedback from Cambridge University Press is like drawing blood from a stone!

Interview Questions
  • What makes a good PM. Should PM's attend daily scrums and if so why? Key documentation needed to run a successful project?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 47