Campbell Soup Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Campbell Soup Company (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. I had a phone screen and then an in person interview with two managers. Everyone was nice UNTIL it came to follow up. I reached out to the manager via email twice asking her to let me know their decision and I never heard back from her. I find it very unprofessional for a talent acquisition team manager/lead to ignore an email from a candidate that they interviewed in person. As a recruiter I never treat candidates that way. At the very least I give them the courtesy of responding with a "thank you for your time, but we have decided to pursue other candidates." That takes 1 minute.

A large part of recruiting is customer service from the beginning to the end of the process.

Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Campbell Soup Company (Camden, NJ) in September 2010.

Interview

There was an Initial phone screening - Then I was invited to a full day of 1 on 1s in Camden. Interviews were with brand managers and Vice Presidents and included typical fit, background, and teamwork questions and one interview included a case. The process was Fairly casual.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult portion was the case, but it was a conversational case, so not terribly difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

minimal room to negotiate

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Campbell Soup Company in September 2012.

Interview

Campbell sticks to their timeframes: I was promised a hiring decision and received a phone call the day they stated. It was the same when I received my offer: I received the package and full information as soon as I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Case question: How would you launch a new grocery product to reach $50 million net sales next year?   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Campbell Soup Company in March 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with two Campbell’s employees, a Brand Manager and their head of on-campus recruiting. The interview was primarily behavioral questions. The interviewers were generally pleasant & friendly. However, I was somewhat thrown-off & annoyed by the fact that my interviewers arrived 10 minutes late for the interview, and then opened the conversation by saying that they would need to cut my interview short b/c they had another interview in 50 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a company that you think is doing good marketing.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Campbell Soup Company (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

I was participating in on-campus interviewing a my business school, and my Campbell's interview was simply one round, with a combination of marketing/brand specific questions, and general behavioral questions. The interview was about 45 mins long, and I heard back within a couple days. A very efficient process! The interview questions ranged from general questions about why Campbell's and why brand management, to a few specific questions that tested my brand knowledge and creativity.

Interview Questions

• - What's your favorite brand and why?
      - Give an example of when you came up with a creative solution to a problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Campbell Soup Company (Charlottesville, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very pleasant and fair interview. They asked questions exploring innovation, creativity/idea output, and examples of brands—the good and the bad. Additionally interested in examples of leadership and teamwork. Also were interested in my story and how I became interested in CPG and the company specifically. Interviewers (2) were very friendly and helpful. Overall a great experience. They seem very interested in hiring pleasant, passionate people that will get along well with others.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of a brand or ad campaign that lost its way?   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Campbell Soup Company (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

I interviewed at the NSHMBA conference. Initially there was a phone screening by HR, who wanted to hear about me and tell me more about the company. Very easy.

At the conference, I had an in person interview with the Senior Brand Manager. He was a delight to talk to. If you are passionate about working in the food industry and have done your research well, it will show in your answers. He asked some basic questions like tell me about yourself, Why Campbell, Why marketing, leadership experience, your areas of improvement. There was also a marketing case regarding one of their products, and he loved that I knew about the product and started analysis with the consumer at the center, ended the interview with time for questions.

Had another interview with a Brand Manager at the booth, along the same lines, some introductory questions and then a case (based on another product). If you know who your interviewers will be ahead of time, make sure you research their brands.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Campbell Soup Company (Camden, NJ) in June 2009.

Interview

Interview was with HR and 2 layers of management.

Interview Questions

The recruiter was not very professional and main method of communicating was through text messaging. I didn't decline the offer but was late (1day) to accept offer because recruiter did not communicate my intentions fully and correctly. The offer was recinded after the missed date.
    My negative response to the interview experience is reflected on the recruiter and on management for not speaking directly to me but rather through the recruiter.

Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Campbell Soup Company (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Spoke to a representative at a university career fair and received a phone call to set up an interview time. I had the interview and was told there would be a second round of interviews for about 15% of those interviewed in a few weeks but instead received an offer five days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to work with someone who had a different mindset/approach to a situation than you did. (Use the STAR method)   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Campbell Soup Company.

Interview

Food industry, walk in, got a tour of the lab, asked me questions about my career outlooks, my education, and why I would do the job well. Very friendly interviewers. Honestly felt I wouldnt ge tthe job. I was called and offered a position and was able to select my shift.