Camping World Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.0

RV Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olive Branch, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Camping World (Olive Branch, MS).

Interview

Meet with 3 people - Business Development, Sales Manager, General Manager. Each has their own perspective and types of questions. Teamwork is very much emphasized. Training is highly mentioned. Possibility of very decent income.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an irate customer?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with Sales Force or other CRM? How do you prioritize follow up?   Answer Question

Detailer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Camping World (Woodstock, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Talk to a service manger because you will be working in service and then talk to the GM on another occasion they go over it together let you come in on a walk thru and give you a trile

Interview Questions

• How do you work around other people and are looking for a long term growing position   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Camping World (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

Recruiter found me via LinkedIn, had one phone interview followed by an in person interview at the corporate office in Linconshire and was made an offer within one day of the final interview. The offer was close to industry average for the position in terms of salary. I ended up declining the offer for a few reasons; mainly because the benefits package wasn't anything close to what this sort of position would have at other organizations. To be fair, they are very up front about the benefits package, it just wasn't right for me at the time.

Interview Questions

• Same sort of questions you'd expect for a marketing role, some more tech based than others.   1 Answer

Detailer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Camping World.

Interview

Brief back and forth with management. Expectations were explained mostly in detail and beginning wage was easily discussed, raises not discussed but advancement opportunities were brought up and discussed in a very indirect manor. Questions that were asked directly were answered in a direct manor and management seemed very honest and up-front about expectations from employees.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Camping World (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

2 Phone Interviews and 1 In-Person interview with Director and other team members. There did not seem to be any organized approach to the interview process. I received mixed messages from high ranking members in the process. Led to believe I would be contacted with an offer. Never heard back from anyone. Made several attempts to get some closure to the process. No response. No letter to close the loop. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Some Behavioral related questions mixed with general questions and information about company.   Answer Question

RV Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Camping World (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2012.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews with 3 different people. Good people. Fair questions about my sales experience and asked me to give examples of how I might close customers.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had any vices such as drinking, gambling or drug use. I don't but the direct question surprised me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offered and I accepted.

Finance and Insurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Camping World (New Braunfels, TX).

Interview

I have worked at alot of different car dealerships in Houston and central Texas and I know alot of people. It helps to know people in the car business to get a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy because it is all about commission.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Camping World in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online through online job boards, then in a week or two, I was contacted by their recruiter and was given and schedule for the screening and phone interview. The interview was a behavioral mixed with questions about past experiences. Questions were the usual (tell me about....) Interviewer was very friendly and relaxed.

Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Camping World (Columbia, SC) in October 2008.

Interview

I was called after a bout a week submitting my application on line. Came in for an interview by the RM, GM, and store manager. Was called back in two days with the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

BDC Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Camping World (Port Washington, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

It was rather easy and unfortunately I felt that I was being hit on by several of the VPs interviewing me. I think I was given an offer prematurely, as it seemed 50% was based on my resume and 50% was based on my looks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what motivates you?   1 Answer