Camping World Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Camping World Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

1.9

RV Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Camping World.

Interview

none. offered position.

Negotiation

they tell you they want you to make a lot of money and then after about 2 weeks of working you will sign a document saying vaguely how much you will make. You will never know until you get your first check.

RV Service Tech Interview

Interview

Not much of a interveiw when you have years of experience. They are also not interested in your experience as much as if you have worked for the company for a while. They make a lot of promises tat are never kept, so the company is just a revolving door. Have never met an unhappier group of people in my life. everone has been lied to and nothing is ever followed up on. we get a lot of one time customers in all departments. they should stick to selling RV trinkets and get away from service and leave it to professinal companies.

bad job

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Island Lake, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Camping World (Island Lake, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

was in house interview

was not interested

Sales Associate and Parts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartow, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Camping World (Bartow, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Fill out application get a interview and really no experience needed for retail learn as you go

Negotiation

I transferred in from another store

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Camping World (Fayetteville, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

I contacted the service director directly to see if there were any positions available and he stated that they were looking for someone with experience in the RV industry and asked if i could submit my resume. After I submitted it he called me back and told me that I have the job. There was no phone interview, personal interview, or panel. I guess because you can't find an experienced service manager for the RV industry since it's a small part of the service industry.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions or any kind of interview questions at all.   1 Answer

Negotiation

He told me what the pay plan was which was extremely high for any kind of service manager in the industry and I accepted it.

RV Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Camping World in February 2011.

Interview

Show up with a pulse and you will be hired. This company is always hiring at most locations due to the unusually high turnover rate. As always disclose any blemishes on your driving and/or criminal record but rest assured it will not prevent you from employment. They hire misfits. Drug testing was abandoned in 2012 as the company felt it was a waste of money and negatively affected their bottom line.

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate other than when can you start.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Camping World (New Braunfels, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Basic interview process. What did you like most about previous jobs, what did you dislike. What were some challenges you had to overcome and what was the outcome. What are some life lessons learned at previous jobs that have carried over. Explanation of company policies and procedures. Depending on who gives the interview, it could be enjoyable. Some of the best people I worked with were the ones doing the interviews. Too bad they are all gone now.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the biggest challenges at a previous job? How did I handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Camping World (Henderson, NV) in October 2011.

Interview

To the point very informative one on one, very nice people, shared everything about what was expected for the job. Called the same day I put in my application and resume.

Interview Questions

• Have you done this type of work before   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Camping World (O'Fallon, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

very poor questioning by unqualified personnel, apparently already had position filled and was deterring people with high management to accepting sales positions. Lasted 6 minutes ... interviewer rarely looked into my eyes during discussions or questions.

Interview Questions

• what were your margins as a salesperson?   1 Answer

RV Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Camping World in July 2016.

Interview

Wonderful! The management staff that oversaw the interview were extremely helpful and thorough throughout the whole process. They were prompt in their communication and contact with me and I really felt not only valued, but also engaged. I would love to interview for them again.

Interview Questions

• How do you think that you will work under pressure and with a team?   Answer Question