Interview Question

Consumer Advocate Interview

LivingSocial

Can you instruct someone how to make an origami "cootie catcher" with just words?

Answer

Interview Answers

16 Answers

Step one: find a 7 year old girl. Step Two: ask them.

Pam on

If I were capable of making something called a 'cootie catcher' out of paper, I would be a millionaire selling it to college fraternities.

Xorthos on

Calvin on

Start with a square piece of paper, roughly 8.5"x 8.5". With the paper set flat on the table, fold each of its four corners inward (with a sharp, pressed fold) until each corner touches the corner at its diagonal opposite. (The space between the folded corners should look like an X) Flip the paper over so that the X side is now face-down. Act as if the remaining smaller square is the original unfolded paper and repeat the corner-folding process so that the new corners now meet in the middle. Maintaining all previous folds, fold one side of the square downward so that you now have a rectangle half the size of the previous square. The outside should have four paper pockets. Insert a finger into one pocket to pull it slightly outward, then press a diagonal fold into the outer paper of the pocket to create a distinct point. Repeat this process for each of the four pockets. When you're done, the origami is complete.

Andy on

What the hell is a 'cootie catcher?'

Pamela on

Words are just concepts of language. You can't make physical things out of them.

Gary on

The simple answer to the question is a a big "YES". Also known as a paper fortune teller, chatterbox, salt cellar, or whirlybird. These are very good boredom busters, and are easy to make.

Prashant Sadrani on

pretend your a spider...

=z= on

My faith does not believe in cooties but I can reply that I am forbidden to discuss it. Is this an illegal religious or sexual question?

C Magnus on

Absolutely!

gdspook on

circle circle dot dot....

Leigh M on

Legacy I will give to anyone who can make 'Cootie catcher'

Adikin on

Someone would first have to tell me what a Cootie Catcher was.

Brian on

Yes: "Follow along"

Natalie on

Was able to do it, but a challenge.

Anonymous on

There is no one answer, because even though it really not difficult to describe it depends on the person you are describing this to. If you are describing this to an elderly person, it is not going to be as easily understood as if describing this to a child at play at school. How am I supposed to know if I can?

w3techie on

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.