Canaccord Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Canaccord Interview Questions

2.7

Accounts Payable Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canaccord (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Met the Controller, she was very nice and polite. But when she walked into the conference room very casual with a glass of water in her hand. it look to me like she wasn't prepared to interview anyone for a job position. I was asked the normal questions . Tell me about yourself, what is your current role at your present job, why are you looking to leave you current job..... I was asked to go back for a second interview.Met the HR person - very lovely person, she gave me a full description of the job and explain what will be my roll if I was chosen for the job opening. I was there over an hour waiting to meet with the CFO. Finally met with the CFO - very nice person, my impression of him was a very knowledgeable and straightforward. He gave me full details of the company and how it operates. I had a very good feeling about this. sadly it didn't work out for me.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Canaccord (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online through my University career website. The process took around 10 days in total and I had my first 1:1 interview on campus. It was done by a University alumn who worked as an Analyst at Canaccord, the questions were mostly behavioral, What's your story? Why are you interested in Finance? Why Canaccord? There were few technicals, Cash flows, DCFs etc.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canaccord (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

not intense; asked about current account package, knowledge of the territory; knowledge of revenue per desk in the territory; analyst relationships were important to the process as well as the trading styles/relationships

Interview Questions

• who are your best relationships   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy to negotiate

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Canaccord.

Interview

Applied through university career services. Had two 25 minute one-on-on interviews, one with an analyst/associate and one with a vp. Mostly a typical investment banking interview:

Why investment banking? Why Canaccord (lol)? They also asked the "whats your weakness" one, which isn't really typical for ib. I heard they also ask for a stock pitch.

Interview Questions

• "Walk me through the 3 financial statements" caught me off guard. Also, like with any ib interview, understand the EV/EBITDA and Equity/Net Income relationship.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canaccord (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online. Interviewed by an external HR consultancy on a phone interview (which wasnt even expected) and then I was called for a face to face interview at this HR consultancy's offices. Didnt like very much the process, the fact that they didnt warn me about the phone interview etc.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canaccord (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position and a day later I got a call asking me to come in for an interview. I did the first interview and it was more of a meeting. They mainly just asked about my experience and the sort of things I've done in regards to marketing and prospecting. They told me about the position and were super friendly as well. They told me that they were still interviewing other candidates and would be in touch with me to let me know the outcome in about a week and a half. I received an email from them about a week later requesting a second meeting and we arranged it for the next day. I went in and met with a senior manager and had a quick conversation with him about my skills and after that conversation, I was offered the position. It was a fairly quick process and not that difficult but they were super friendly and easy to chat with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really any negotiations, they asked what sort of things I was offered at my current position and either matched or went beyond that.

Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canaccord (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

Resume of appropriate length (2-3 pages), perfect grammar, know details about the position you're applying for, research the company your applying for, have questions ready, have examples ready of why you'd be the best person for the job, sell what you can do for the company based on past experiences. Use examples as much as possible and include details to prove you know what you're talking about.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over the other applicants that have years more experience?   Answer Question

Interview

two round of interview in person . first round with a director, then interviewed with managing director. first round is important, went though the resume ask about the past experience, the task you did, etc

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canaccord (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

The interviewers were very unfriendly, have not smiled even at once during the interview. Asked very difficult technical questions, especially regarding LBO models. Although it is well known that investment bankers have huge conflicts of interest, most of them try to conceal that. In Canaccord Genuity's case though, they directly asked questions on how to tweak models.

Interview Questions

• What assumptions one needs to tweak to reach a higher IRR in the LBO model?   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canaccord (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2009.

Interview

Contacted by telephone to set up interview for the following day. Interviewed by 2 individuals, but interview consisted more of them telling me about the position and about their own experiences. Had one question about my top 3 strengths. Afterwards was contacted later in the day and offered the job.