Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)

1 Interview Review

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2018.

Interview

Before I got to the formal interview, I had several preliminary interviews and exchanges with HR people over the phone. I took an oral language test in my second language and was subsequently requested to take a comprehension and writing test at a regional office. Then I had to prepare a 20-minute oral presentation. I was invited for either a skype interview or an in-person interview in Ottawa with no refund for my expenses. I drove from Montreal to Ottawa for an in-person interview. It was fair and went well. There was four people and I learned that I was considered for the three positions I had applied for. The HR person told me that within two weeks they would make a decision and contact me again. They didn't. I followed-up with them after 4 weeks. They told me they'd get back to me soon. Three to four more weeks passed, and they still didn't, not even when I wrote back to follow-up with them. After three months I contacted them again. A very junior person called me back and before I could say or ask anything he was on the defensive. It wasn't his fault, the manager should have gotten back to me, he personally did his job well, it took long but this is the same with the federal government, etc. No empathy at all. I learned that they cancelled one of the positions and that they hired internally for the other two. No consideration whatsoever for my time and interest. I am left with a negative image of this organization and the people who work there.