Canada Post Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.6

147 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

HR called for general questions (background check, etc.);
    Then, I was called for face to face interview;
    The interview was hold with one HR lady, the manager of the team and one senior consultant in the team;

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current company?   1 Answer

Letter Carrier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Post (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

It is short (20min) and well organized. A manager (I guess) and a HR were interviewers. No difficult question, just 4 situations and your response. One is about your action when seeing a hazard along, one is about some new comer having problems. The other two are relating to customers. Describing a situation and your response when customer is angry or there is much stress.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when customer was angry and what you do   Answer Question
    • If you find a hazard in the office and nobody is around you, what will you do?   Answer Question

On Call Delivery Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Two weeks later was invited to do a general abilities test online. This took an hour or so and is simple.

Another two weeks go by an I am called in for an interview the next day and asked to bring a driver's abstract and character reference all on very short notice.

Interview went well. Standard questions "what would you do if you were in X position and Y was happening?"

I was told I passed the interview immediately and was to move on to the physical assessment.

The following Friday, so 3 days mater, I went in for physical assessment which involved lifying, pulling, pushing, walking and sorting pretend mail. All in all the test was easy. Am waiting to hear back with results.

Interview Questions

• you are not sure how to complete a task and your coworker says they are too busy to help. what would you do in this situation?   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Short, they didn't seem to have a lot of questions or seemed prepared. I applied online, they took their time to get back to me and then held an in face interview. It was not very organized. They were only offering shift work which wasn't always clear in the description.

Interview Questions

• asked general questions but seemed to just want to fill the work area. I lost interest because they did.   Answer Question

Mail Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online at Canada Post's website. After a few days, I got an email to take the online General Abilities Test (GAT) which was pretty easy. One or two days after taking the test, I received the email for setting up the telephonic interview. I called and got the time and date for in-person interview in the same call. After that, I went for a 1:1 interview. The lady asked me questions for about 20-25 minutes. I thought that the interview went really good (I have more than 2 years of customer service experience, and the answers that I provided were good answers in my opinion) but I received a rejection email 2-3 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe the time when you did something for health and safety in your office.   Answer Question
    • You have to do a task you are not clear about. You ask your colleagues but they are not helping. What would you do?   Answer Question
    • You are delivering mail and a customer comes out of her house complaining about the delay in mail. How would you respond?   Answer Question
    • What is your strength?   Answer Question
    • What do you think about teamwork?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview

You will be invited to complete online assessments and if successful invited to an interview. You will be asked to bring a character reference letter to the interview with short notice (1 day).
    If succesful at interview you will attend Physical Fitness Test.
    If succesful you will be invited to complete paperwork and ID.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Letter Carrier (Relief) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward. Applied online - received invitation to do online testing, received invite for in person interview. Met with one person. The questions were your standard behavioural questions. I was told right away that I passed the interview and had to go in for a physical assessment the next day. They wanted me in the next day so they could move my file along quickly to be a part of the relief team. I finished my assessment. 2 weeks later I received an e-mail from HR that they had filled their number of relief positions and would keep my file on record for 6 months. To sum it up - even if you're told you passed the interview and asked to complete the assessment (which you pass), they may still come back and say their pool is filled.

Letter Carrier-on Call Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Post (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

One on one interview. The interviewer was pretty nice and seemed pretty laid back. Just asked a few questions about my previous job experience, why i would like to work at canada post, situational questions, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at canada post?   Answer Question
    • You are running late for a shift and you check your vehicle and realise that there is a gas leak, what do you do?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Emailed a personality test. If you succeed, they will offer 3 slots at 8am for the interview. Very stupid, they giving you the questions before hand so you can prepare huge lies!!

2 managers were there doing the interview, just writing off your 5 stories. Managers are looking into your leadership personality so why have a personality test? As if a Manager would be better at finding out who a person is.

Advice to HR, the personality test and CV should already be able to tell you who to hire. Job is easy, anyone who passes the personality test can do it. The personality test result is 90% of your answer. Reduce the test time by 20%.

I arrived late, Terrebonne to Canada Post took me me 1h30, I miscalculated 1h10 driving time with Google telling me it would take between 40-50min. I didn't have time to prepare the stories since I was already starting a new job 2 weeks prior and was too busy with meetings and learning the environment. Arriving late and stress from work made it difficult. If you don't have a job it's very easy to fake everything about your stories and personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a story about your Leadership in previous job with Canada Post's 5 leadership behaviours.   Answer Question

Summer Student Web Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canada Post (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was invited to an interview about a month and a half after submitting an application to one of the many student summer programs. Overall interview process was very pleasant and casual, and included a brief tour of the floor it was on.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself in general; and what brought you to this field in particular.   Answer Question