Canada Post Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Canada Post Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.6

Letter Carrier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Post (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then they sent their General Aptitude Test which took an hour. After that, they offered me an interview. The questions included why do you want to work for Canada Post? how will your other work experiences help you with this job? What would you do if you had a conflict with a coworker? And some scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Canada Post?
      How will your other work experiences help you with this job?
      What would you do if you had a conflict with a coworker?
      And some scenario questions

Mail Service Courier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canada Post (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Here is my story....

Took about a week and a half from start to finish. Applied 3 days before the posting closed, did the standard GAT, (simple if you have common sense and your wits about you). Then got an email a day later saying i was successful, and come for interview 3 days later.

Did interview with the operations manager of trucking operations, but correspondence with a HR employee.

Standard Interview, STAR behaviour based interview along with some "what would you do if you were in this situation". As long as you are able to answer in the STAR format, you should be fine. Relate your answers to their questions etc.
    Also there was some chit chat, get to know who you are are and who, what the company is all about.

After that, went home, and that afternoon, was told i was successful, and moved onto security clearance process. Less than a week from the initial interview date, security process was cleared, and i was offered the position. Training starts in a bit.

Interview Questions

• i.e: tell me a time you worked with a difficult colleague
      i.e. you are confronted with X, how would you respond to that situation, what would YOU do...

Letter Carrier (Relief) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Post (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

During the interview you are ask basic questions and are given situation in which you can encounter. You are also aks about past work experiences and how they can relate to position.

Letter Carrier (Relief) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

It started when I received an e-mail to participate in two different online processes. Online pre-screening questions, an online general abilities test. Then went to an in-person interview, had finger prints taken. Then was invited to a PPFA for a physical abilities assessment.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a coworker in need of help?   1 Answer

On Call Letter Carrier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Did an online assessment test, then went for a face to face interview, then on the same spot they told me am in. After a week, went to do a physical assessment at another location

Letter Carrier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

After completing the online test I went for an interview, I was told I passed the interview on the spot. The next step was to get a background check and a physical test. This is where the experience went down hill. They told me to email and make an appointment to get my fingers prints taken for the background check. Once I got home I emailed asking if I could set something up for the next day... No reply to the email, The next morning I called, no answer, called again, no answer. Left a message to try and set up an appointment to get my finger prints taken.

I then went to my appointment for the physical portion of the interview which I'm 100% sure I passed. after that I finally got in contact with someone to get my finger prints taken for the background check. this whole process was done at the end of November. I emailed mid December to see what was going on and they said they were still waiting on the background check, emailed again in the new year, still waiting on the background check. As of writing this I have not heard anything from them. I have taken another job which also required a background check (this took 3 days).

Interview Questions

• Why canada post?
      What type of work environment do you prefer?

Postal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online and after few days I got an invitation to do online GAT. Make sure to follow the requirement to open the test with the video and audio. Need to fully concentrated and it took around 90- 100 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How to handle customer complaint properly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations on salary, and working shift based on availability, mostly evening and night shift.

Mail Despatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Canada Post (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

The interview process was friendly, chatty and professional. One male and one female interviewer. They seemed to want to put me at ease and get a sense of who I was without being too intrusive. This is not a highly skilled job so there is no need for skill-based or technical questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions mainly had to do with why I was interested in working for Canada Post and whether I was prepared to do shift work if necessary.   Answer Question

Postal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online for a full time postal clerk desk position and got called for an interview Found out online job description was incorrect. interviewed me for a on call sorting facility job. 4 basic questions nothing too challenging. Took 20 minutes to find someone to interview me on scheduled date. Did not get a call back until a month later. HR women was very unprofessional and hounding. Had to call back twice to get correct information.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you noticed a health and safety issue and what did you do about it.   1 Answer

Mail Carrier Temporary Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Canada Post in October 2016.

Interview

Online tests easy, then asked to get driving abstract, letter reference, proof payroll from job, form to apply for security, etc. all this takes alot of time-before even getting offer of a job(before interview)
    One disinterested interviewer made me feel very uneasy. Reads questions of a paper, writes down answers. Only people who are able to *bull* the greatest in the interviews will get the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your idea of the perfect workday?
      What would you do if you came into work and there was a hazard on the floor and no supervisor around?
      Example of a time you gave perfect customer service?