Canada Post Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Canada Post Engineering Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2009.

Interview

I applied at least a few months ago, and received a call from HR requesting me to go and do the test. I was with 2 other candidates, and maybe there will be more. The skills test was very technical and required me to recall knowledge from school and my current job. Lean Six Sigma, Autocad, Ergonomics, VSMs.
After the engineering dept reviewed the test, I was called into their offices to meet with the 2 hiring managers. It was a panel interview, with HR, asking very by the book situational/behaviour questions. Look up online "behaviourial interview" and pretty much these are the things they are asking about conflicts, project implementation, risks, working with people and general expertise in specific areas (LSS, Autocad, Excel, Access).
I did feel that I was being rushed through the interview with my questions about the company. Make sure that doesn't happen. I still don't feel confident about my knowledge about the work environment, but I can definately offer my first impressions. Their offices seemed messy, no windows that I could see, a manufacturing environment, but could be more lively. The people seemed friendly, but not as social as I would like. I would love to speak to some of the people that work there.
I was sent an email from HR asking me about my salary expectations and was informed that I would get a call (3rd week) for a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where there was a risk in something you were doing, how did you advert that risk and what was the result?   Answer Question