Canada Post Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.8

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mail Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online at Canada Post's website. After a few days, I got an email to take the online General Abilities Test (GAT) which was pretty easy. One or two days after taking the test, I received the email for setting up the telephonic interview. I called and got the time and date for in-person interview in the same call. After that, I went for a 1:1 interview. The lady asked me questions for about 20-25 minutes. I thought that the interview went really good (I have more than 2 years of customer service experience, and the answers that I provided were good answers in my opinion) but I received a rejection email 2-3 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe the time when you did something for health and safety in your office.   Answer Question
    • You have to do a task you are not clear about. You ask your colleagues but they are not helping. What would you do?   Answer Question
    • You are delivering mail and a customer comes out of her house complaining about the delay in mail. How would you respond?   Answer Question
    • What is your strength?   Answer Question
    • What do you think about teamwork?   Answer Question

Letter Carrier-on Call Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Post (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

One on one interview. The interviewer was pretty nice and seemed pretty laid back. Just asked a few questions about my previous job experience, why i would like to work at canada post, situational questions, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at canada post?   Answer Question
    • You are running late for a shift and you check your vehicle and realise that there is a gas leak, what do you do?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Emailed a personality test. If you succeed, they will offer 3 slots at 8am for the interview. Very stupid, they giving you the questions before hand so you can prepare huge lies!!

2 managers were there doing the interview, just writing off your 5 stories. Managers are looking into your leadership personality so why have a personality test? As if a Manager would be better at finding out who a person is.

Advice to HR, the personality test and CV should already be able to tell you who to hire. Job is easy, anyone who passes the personality test can do it. The personality test result is 90% of your answer. Reduce the test time by 20%.

I arrived late, Terrebonne to Canada Post took me me 1h30, I miscalculated 1h10 driving time with Google telling me it would take between 40-50min. I didn't have time to prepare the stories since I was already starting a new job 2 weeks prior and was too busy with meetings and learning the environment. Arriving late and stress from work made it difficult. If you don't have a job it's very easy to fake everything about your stories and personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a story about your Leadership in previous job with Canada Post's 5 leadership behaviours.   Answer Question

Summer Student Web Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canada Post (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was invited to an interview about a month and a half after submitting an application to one of the many student summer programs. Overall interview process was very pleasant and casual, and included a brief tour of the floor it was on.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself in general; and what brought you to this field in particular.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview

Was asked to come in for an interview with HR and hiring manager. It was very structured. After the initial interview, I was invited for a second round. Overall, both were very pleasant but it felt so structured that it was difficult to judge "fit".

Interview Questions

• First round - all behavioural questions that aligned with their core values.
      Second round - more focused on resume and responsibilities of position.   Answer Question

Process Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email about 3 weeks after applying.
    They were very nice about rescheduling the interview.
    Had to wait at security desk before interview.
    Interviewer came to get me and brought me to a meeting room.
    There were 2 interviewers, 40 min interview.
    Said they'd email their decision within the next week but didn't.

Interview Questions

• 3 situational questions. Name a time when...
      1) you made sure your work was of the highest quality & how
      2) you collected data from multiple sources. What did you do with the information?
      3) you failed to submit something on time. What did you learn?   1 Answer
    • Rate you proficiency from 1 -5:
      - coding
      - CAD
      - excel
      - minitab   Answer Question

Letter Carrier (Relief) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and completed an online test. I then received a phone call about in-person availability, followed by an email with all of the documents I'd need to bring with me. Had a 7:30am interview. Instead of advising me of the following on the phone, they waited to advise me of these key facts in-person: You may not get any on-call workdays except for Christmas; we'll sometimes call you with as little as two hours notice; you'll be expected to report to any depot within a 50km radius of your home and you won't necessarily work locally; on-call carriers have a chance of becoming full time staff which will take two to seven years. Wow. Advice to CP: advise people on the phone of these facts, before an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work at Canada Post?" All questions were read awkwardly by the HR rep from a sheet of paper while they scribbled down answers. Needless to say, I would describe the experience as very amateur and unprofessional.   Answer Question

Relief Letter Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Post (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on line with a current resume, Got invited for the GAT testing, passed this, then got accepted for an interview, Passed this and a few days later was set up for the Carriers functions test, Found this relatively easy, as was used to Use of force training..

Interview Questions

• Asked about water hazard in the building how would I deal with it being first on scene.   Answer Question

Letter Carrier (Relief) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canada Post (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

At Canada Post to be considered for the position of a Letter Carrier (Delivery Agent) - On-call you must pass the first part of our selection process which is the General Abilities Test.
    The GAT is a mandatory online assessment that is used to evaluate your general cognitive ability and customer service orientation. You must successfully complete the GAT to be considered for the position listed above.

Mail Carrier Temporary Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Canada Post in October 2016.

Interview

Online tests easy, then asked to get driving abstract, letter reference, proof payroll from job, form to apply for security, etc. all this takes alot of time-before even getting offer of a job(before interview)
    One disinterested interviewer made me feel very uneasy. Reads questions of a paper, writes down answers. Only people who are able to *bull* the greatest in the interviews will get the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your idea of the perfect workday?
      What would you do if you came into work and there was a hazard on the floor and no supervisor around?
      Example of a time you gave perfect customer service?   Answer Question