Canada Post Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

165 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Rural Carrier Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interviewer made me feel so welcome and as ease. A few easy questions about my past experiences as well as why I want to work for Canada post.

Interview Questions

• coworker is having trouble keeping up on their work load. How would you handle that   1 Answer

Engineering Coop Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview

Was brought into the local HQ and greated by the HR director. They use the STAR method and it is good to have some pervious coop experince. also do your research and know the company.

Interview Questions

• what is one of time you werent able to meet a deadline. What did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • one time when you did not settle for anything short if excellence   Answer Question
    • A time where you had to take in information   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Straightforward. Took about a month for them to call me. The interview itself was pretty easy. Scenario questions were asked (along the lines of what would you do if you saw a coworker that was struggling and you were in a good position at the time with your own work).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a coworker that was causing some issues to you or others.   Answer Question

Letter Carrier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Post (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

It is short (20min) and well organized. A manager (I guess) and a HR were interviewers. No difficult question, just 4 situations and your response. One is about your action when seeing a hazard along, one is about some new comer having problems. The other two are relating to customers. Describing a situation and your response when customer is angry or there is much stress.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when customer was angry and what you do   1 Answer
    • If you find a hazard in the office and nobody is around you, what will you do?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

HR called for general questions (background check, etc.);
    Then, I was called for face to face interview;
    The interview was hold with one HR lady, the manager of the team and one senior consultant in the team;

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current company?   1 Answer

On Call Delivery Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Apply online with resume & cover letter. You are contacted via email to take an online general abilities test. The company will call you by phone to set up an interview. You must be prepared to bring a drivers abstract, character letter, filled out Personal security screening firm which they email to you.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if could not access the mailbox due to a barking dog on the porch?   2 Answers

Letter Carrier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post in September 2017.

Interview

The first step is the invitation to the General Aptitude Test. I passed that then received an invitation for an interview. Passed the interview and received an invitation for a physical test at a physio clinic. Passed that and then went for security clearence/fingerprint check. Passed that and got offered the job.

Overall it was a good experience. Just requires a lot of patience in between steps.

On Call Delivery Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Two weeks later was invited to do a general abilities test online. This took an hour or so and is simple.

Another two weeks go by an I am called in for an interview the next day and asked to bring a driver's abstract and character reference all on very short notice.

Interview went well. Standard questions "what would you do if you were in X position and Y was happening?"

I was told I passed the interview immediately and was to move on to the physical assessment.

The following Friday, so 3 days mater, I went in for physical assessment which involved lifying, pulling, pushing, walking and sorting pretend mail. All in all the test was easy. Am waiting to hear back with results.

Interview Questions

• you are not sure how to complete a task and your coworker says they are too busy to help. what would you do in this situation?   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Short, they didn't seem to have a lot of questions or seemed prepared. I applied online, they took their time to get back to me and then held an in face interview. It was not very organized. They were only offering shift work which wasn't always clear in the description.

Interview Questions

• asked general questions but seemed to just want to fill the work area. I lost interest because they did.   Answer Question

Mail Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online at Canada Post's website. After a few days, I got an email to take the online General Abilities Test (GAT) which was pretty easy. One or two days after taking the test, I received the email for setting up the telephonic interview. I called and got the time and date for in-person interview in the same call. After that, I went for a 1:1 interview. The lady asked me questions for about 20-25 minutes. I thought that the interview went really good (I have more than 2 years of customer service experience, and the answers that I provided were good answers in my opinion) but I received a rejection email 2-3 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe the time when you did something for health and safety in your office.   Answer Question
    • You have to do a task you are not clear about. You ask your colleagues but they are not helping. What would you do?   Answer Question
    • You are delivering mail and a customer comes out of her house complaining about the delay in mail. How would you respond?   Answer Question
    • What is your strength?   Answer Question
    • What do you think about teamwork?   Answer Question